Hershey's Kisses are Kisses Too, Right? {MIKUIA}

Miku smiled as she opened her locker. Of course, like every year on this day, Febuary 14, it was full to the brim with love letters. Miku would open a few, possibly write back why she wasn't interested in the boy who had written to her, and the case would be closed.

However, Miku felt that this year, something really would be different. Maybe someone interesting would write to her. The twintailed tealette dug through the pile, trying to find something that looked promising. In the end, she took 4 incredibly detailed envelopes and, just for good measure, a plain white one with a small bulge at the bottom.

Lunch~

When the school lunch bell rung, on normal days, Miku would grab her delicately packed salad lunch and her no-so-delicate best friend Rin out to the school yard to eat and talk about things that had happened that morning. Since the friends only had one class together, Music, they didn't have much time during the school day to talk. The music teacher, Wataru-sensei, would not permit side conversations in his classes.

So, instead of that, she took the 5 envelopes outside on a picnic table. There, every year, she'd read some of the letters and even begin responses. Besides, the tealette thought, Rin probably has a ton of love letters too.

So, with her small, porcelain perfect hands, Hatsune Miku opened the first detailed envelope. It was a love poem, written especially for her, the author had said. Miku set the poem aside a opened the second.

It was a drawing. The art was almost perfect, and when Miku looked at it, she felt somewhere else. Miku didn't even know what the artist had drawn.

The 3rd was another poem. Reading it over and over, the musical girl already had a a perfect tune for the words to go with. She could make it into a song.

The last red envelope was definitely song lyrics. Miku's mind screamed a tune for it. Miku had to have those lyrics.

The final envelope, the white one, looked disappointing compared to the others. Yet Miku, because she had picked it, was going to open it.

On a piece of light pink paper, the writer of the letter had scrawled, "Roof, Feb 14, please?" Miku flipped it over, revealing a PS- "Here's my kiss, until we really meet." Miku folded up the paper scrap and looked into the white envelope, seeing the "kiss". It was a Hershey's kiss. The wrapping was light pink.

Miku was going to be home late today, she's stopping at the roof.

Roof, End of the day

Miku panted as she ran up the many flights of stairs to get to the roof. She wondered how the people who eat lunch up there do it, getting up and going down every day. Miku was definitely not one of those people, she prefered the freedom of the school yard and outside in general.

Once she reached the roof and swung open the door, she was hurt to find no one was there. Miku thought she had been tricked. Until a voice behind said, "Miku? Hatsune Miku?" the voice was low and sharp, but most definitely female. Miku spun around on her heel, to see a girl that was in her music class. She never really spoke, but when she sang, it was so beautiful.

She had long strawberry blonde hair, which was pulled into braids in the front. The rest hung freely. Her eyes were a remarkable blue. Overall, the girl was captivatingly pretty.

"That's me." Miku responded.
"My name is Aria, but you can call me IA." Said the strawberry blonde. "And, um..." She trailed off, leaving Miku to decipher the rest. Miku already knew, however, and before IA could speak anymore, Miku pulled her into a long kiss.

That was the last time Miku ever got a love letter, except the ones from the Hershey's girl. And those letters were never forgotten. <3

Thank you for reading!