Chapter five: Awakened

I was not a big fan of running away from a three-headed devil that came out of nowhere. Trying to survive as long as possible. Then I wondered, Jeez, what time is it? What the . . . what am I thinking? I have no time to ask myself that. I'm in the middle of a life-and-death situation here. If only there's something I could do to keep myself away from the dragon. It flew in a different direction, one of the heads shook the dizziness away so they could concentrate.

I ran downhill of the mountainside forest, ducking my head as the dragon kept blasting its powerful blazing beams, causing unwanted glaciers. I'm not gonna make it. There was something that zapped my mind when I thought of a stupid idea from the books I've read. I strapped my bow on my back, unsheathed my sword, and faced the reptilian monster.

Are you kidding?! This is hopeless! A part of me shouted. But I simply ignored it because it was too late to run, and I am tired of running. My sword gleamed under the covered sun. The snowfall occurred from the dimmed atmosphere. The breeze turned rougher, making a cold snowstorm. The trees from my surrounding stopped from rattling. It landed and stopped itself from having uneasy vertigo. The three-headed dragon and I glared at each other as if waiting for the other to make the first move.

My heart started to beat slowly. The throbbing of my head lessened. The tighter I held the hilt of my sword the warmer my hand became. The blade was nearly frozen as the snow was piling up on the edge, however, there was some feeling that the ice of the blade would soon melt. I bent my left knee to be ready, still glaring at the dragon. The three-headed didn't blast me, instead, it used its giant claw to strike. I jumped to the side as far as possible. It was as big as a baby whale and that almost killed me. I did the same thing again and again. Despite the speed of the dragon, I was faster than them. I could even jump farther than I had expected. I haven't felt this fast before! I kept on dodging its attacks, going under, jumping back, and blocking with my sword.

Amazing, how did I even get this kind of speed? I didn't even work out. I only ate a bunch of chocolates and went to the bathroom a million times. As the three-headed dragon's claws smashed into the ground, I stepped on it and ran toward the right head to slash its cheek. For a brief moment, the blade of my sword ignited into a bright orange. My feet dashing across its armored arm like lightning. And I did! For the first time, I jumped and rolled onto the ground just to see their faces, the right head growled. I didn't know why I did that, but it worked. I glanced back at my sword that cooled down as its light of fire began to dim. What in the world . . . ?

This time, it whipped with its tail. I was hit and I crashed to the snowy rock wall. My body suddenly didn't hurt. I got up and ran faster than before. What is happening to me? But I didn't mind that at all now I had the adrenaline rushing through my veins.

As the dragon whipped its tail again at lightning speed, I jumped and stabbed the scaly texture at the side of it. I held on tight as the dragon whipped its tail so many times. I noticed that my blade ignited again as I watched it really penetrated the tail's sidewall. It roared so loud, the ground rumbled, even causing an avalanche.

We're still fighting while sliding off because of the strong fall of the avalanche. The dragon blasted and shot the mountains with a big kaboom! I sprinted on its tail and slashed the neck of the left, but it seemed that its scales were too hard. I jumped back and stabbed the chest while sliding downward. To my surprise, the monster shone in bright red before unleashing its flaming force that pushed me so hard, I flew away. I was dragged along by the avalanche. Even worse, the avalanche dragged us toward the icy lake. I dove in so fast, we went deep. The lake was really cold at first, but the temperature seemed to change after a short while. However, I saw the dragon flew up into the sky, it finally got away.