jū go : pain in the heart

Minji's POV

While Jungkook and Dinah were talking about their own things, I decided to go to the bathroom because I'm bored (?)

I walked pass BTS's table and Taehyung waved at me to sit with them. I just shook my head and continued walking to the bathroom. Suddenly, I felt the numbness in my legs again.

Just like the time when I was broken because of my one-sided love, I fell on the ground miserably until mom came in and rescued me. This is no joke. I could feel numbness in my legs most of the times and I found it's hard to walk.

Instead, I just continued walking into the toilet which there was no one there. I sighed and rested myself on the table next to the sink. I tried to examine my legs by waving them back and forth to see if it's hurt. And yes, I felt like torment from my backbone till my legs.

I attempted to find out about this by myself but I've got no choice because biology is the subject that I hate. I think I'll leave them be for a few days and I guess it will be okay by then.

I hopped down when suddenly a thud sound echoed in the bathroom. Ahh, I shouted but no one came which is a great thing. I wouldn't want anyone to see me in this situation. So, I felt like my legs are missing. My body fell on the ground so hard that my backbone started hurting again.

However, my legs are still trembling and they feel numb. I tried to get a grip of myself by holding on to the sink and the wall until I could barely walk. I guess this is the 'thing' that my mom warned me about since I was a kid.

My dad used to have various operations on his backbone and legs before I was born. He got through those pains successfully. At least, that's what mom told me. She's always been afraid that I would inherit this thing from my dad that's why she brought me to hospital almost every weekend but then nothing bad happened.

I complained a lot about her wasting her money just to check up on me to see I'm okay. But she just said my safety is the top priority and she didn't care about how much it's going to cost her. So, I just let her be in the 'mama' aura for awhile until I moved to Korea.

She didn't bring me to the hospital anymore. And that's when I started to feel my legs hurting. I didn't tell her about this and I'm not planning to.

I think it's not a big deal at all. Mom told me that dad came through it successfully but it took him a few months to walk normally again. Even if I did inherit it from my dad, it would be successful like him too then. At least, that's what I thought it would be.

I snapped back to reality and started walking to my table in the cafeteria. Many people left because it's almost time for class. I shoved my way to my table when I saw Jungkook and Dinah still talking with each other as happily as ever.

This is the first time in forever that I have to witness his expression he's showing to Dinah right now. I felt kind of jealous but I just sighed and walked back to my classroom.

As I walked in, I saw the thing that I have always avoided. Kyungmin and Wooyong.

  "Jungji ~" Kyungmin called my name and waved at me. I smiled and walked inside the classroom.

  "You finished your lunch?" She asked me with her sharp tone. I nodded and sat down on my desk next to her.

I realized she's talking to him again so I just laid my face on my desk and ignored the world.

Class finally started and everyone rushed back into the classroom immediately. I took out my textbook for the next section then Jungkook and Dinah came back into the classroom.