jū hachi : present

Jungkook's POV

  "Jungkook ... Help me.." Dinah spoke soft and weak which made me scared of what's happening to her.

I asked, almost shouting to her back but her phone got disconnected. I didn't think of anything else at that time. I only want to rescue her.

I immediately grabbed my jacket and about to run when I felt warm hand grabbed mine. At that moment, my insecure and scared mind became secure and calmed. I managed to say something to give Minji the clue of what's happening.

I didn't finish my words and I rushed out of her bedroom, slamming the door shut and without telling her mom that I'll be going. I felt guilty but my mind went completely blank at that time.

I ran faster and faster from road to road without looking back and I've completely ignored my surroundings. My heart is beating so fast, and I'm so afraid. I'm scared.

On a second thought, Dinah is just a friend. I paused for a moment and bent my knees, messing my hair in frustration. Then I stood up again and started running.

Just a friend. So what?

Friends can't help each other when ones are in needed? How inhumane.

I ran inside her house and noticed that the things in her house are messed up. Someone might have come and caused trouble for her in the house. And where's her mom? At work again?

I looked left and right, searching for her. Until I heard sobs coming from the living room, I ran there immediately when I saw her sitting on the sofa, cupping her face with her hands and cried.

  "Dinah, what happened?" I asked, panicked as I walked toward her. She then released her hands and looked up to me.

  "Jungkook!" She yelled, running toward me and hugged me which made me jump a little. I patted her back slightly as she dug her face to my chest.
"He c-came b-back and destroyed everything in the house." She added.

At that moment, I felt rage and anger flowing inside my body. Not only did he break her heart, but also things in her house too? This guy has gone insane. I'm talking about her ex-boyfriend.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere?" I released her hands away from me slowly then I cupped her face with my hands.

She bit her bottom lips and shook her head lightly, crying. "I'm sorry, Jungkook." She said between the sobs, looking away as she rested her hands on my chest.

"Pabo, I'll always come and rescue you." I said reassuringly, hoping her to calm down.

"No, you're lying. Jungkook, you're lying. You won't be here anymore, I know that. I know that but but but I-" She stuttered.

"Listen, Dinah-" I was about to explain her but she cut me off.

"Please come back to me again, Jungkook." She looked at me with tears rolling down her cheeks. She requested almost as if she was begging. She said with her voice cracked.

I tried to control myself not to go back to the past. It will haunt me again and I'm afraid of it. It's my worst fear. I was speechless at that time as I heard her request. My eyes widened and I was shocked. I couldn't utter a word.

Then something, something made me come back to my sense. Dinah wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me. Her lips. The lips that once used to connect with mines. I closed my eyes slowly and kissed her back.

I was stupid.

I opened my eyes immediately as I realized that this isn't right. She left me. She broke me. She haunted me. And now she came back for me when I've already given up on her.

No, this isn't right. Right now, I have only one girl in my heart.

I pulled her away suddenly."I'm sorry, Dinah. I can't do this anymore. We can't make it. We can't get together again." I rested my hands on her shoulders and looked on the ground, not daring to look at her weak face or else I'll go back to the past again. And I absolutely hate that when it happened.

"I knew it." She said softly and released my hands from her shoulders.
"I'm sorry, I couldn't control my mind." She added then I looked at her as she shot me a weak smile with tears streaming down her face.

I felt sorry for her. I really am. But it's already too late. I'm not going to go back to the past again. I don't want the history to repeat. But still, memories of her being my first girlfriend lasted forever.

I accompanied her to bedroom and put her to sleep. Then I went outside slowly and silently to prepare the things in her house. I fixed the stuffs that could be fixed and kept those who couldn't at one spot.

Until then, I've already calmed down. I realized that I left Minji in her room without saying anything that is understandable to her.

And I also realized that I kissed her. Oh god, what have I done? What should I do now? Is she mad at me? My mind was only full with the thoughts of kissing her. We're not anything. We're just friends. And yet, and yet, and yet I did that.

Ahh jinjja! I've gone seriously insane. But for real, I love her. I don't want anyone to have her. I want to be with her forever. I'm so selfish.

I really want to know if our feelings are mutual. Has she forgotten about Wooyong yet? I really am curious.

Because, because, because at that time she kissed me back. I know. I know it. I really know it. I'm serious.

But what does that kiss mean? I still have no idea. It's just that I know the reason why I kissed her but for her to kiss me back, does that mean .. ?

Aish!! Stop thinking about the impossible! But maybe I should ask her. Or maybe I should confess her properly this weekend.

Should I confess her?