Chapter II: We Were saved by a girl scout

Chapter II

We were saved by a girl scout

After about 3 hours, I woke up. I still couldn’t believe my father’s Zeus. I mean, I didn’t feel godly at all.

Anyways, I didn’t ask mom about the boomerang and the staff and how  it disappeared in thin air(I’m sorry I forgot to mention it before), I just guessed it was just some “magic tools that my “father” Zeus gave mom.

It was 7:30 when I went to school; I was excited because it’s only a week before summer vacation and me, Carmen and Benny are planning to go to this camp without letting our parents know about this.

It was about time when I got to the front gate of the school. I noticed that Mr. Demitri isn’t present today so they replaced him with someone else.

“Maybe he’s sick or something.” I said to myself

“Umm. Excuse me sir.” I said to the substitute guard. “Is Mr. Demitri sick?”

“No kid, he’s out of town. They said he’ll be back next school year.” The guard replied.

I nodded and thanked him then I moved on. While I was leaving the guard house, I felt a cold sensation creeping me in the back of my neck. I looked back and I saw the guard staring at me with his deep cold eyes like a madman ready to attack me anytime.

I walked faster still looking at the guard and when I turned I bumped my head to Carmen. We fell on the sand with the impact.

“Ouch, watch it air-dweeb.” Carmen said to me while scratching her forehead. I don’t know why she’s calling me air-dweeb every time I made a mistake to her.

“I’m sorry!” I really am. “Why do you keep calling me that, it’s not funny you know.” I exclaimed.

“Well, I would call you that if you keep committing mistakes to me, AIR-DWEEB.” She said.

“I’m really sorry okay… it’s just that the new guard gives me chills. He really creeps me a lot even though we recently just met.” I said to her. “I mean, can you see those deep cold eyes staring at you full of anger and revenge?”

“Ok… why would he be angry at you? You just met. Air-dweeb.” She said, still insulting me.

“Would you stop calling me air-dweeb? It’s really annoying!” I protested.

“Ok then. Just come to our “HQ” this afternoon, we’ve got some matter to discuss with benny. See you later, Air-dweeb. Ha-ha-ha.” She said.

After she said that she ran away. It was really not cool that she’s calling me air-dweeb. The word air keeps me reminding of Zeus, my “father”. I don’t know, maybe because he’s the god of the skies who controls the air around us. Well, just a conclusion.

That guard still bothers me. Those eyes so deep and cold. Well you get the idea.

It was dismissal in the afternoon and I went to our “HQ”. I saw Benny when I was in my way going there.

“Hey Benny, how’s class?” I asked him.

“As usual, boring.” He said feeling wary “But Science Rocks!!!” he exclaimed energetically.

(He’s weird right)

After that very short pep talk, we headed for our HQ.

Our HQ was an old playground at the back of the school. It was abandoned so we used it because it was peaceful and away from public noise.

Before you enter our HQ, you can see a sign at the gate that says “DO NOT ENTER, AUTHORIZED PERSONEL ONLY”. Yeah we put it there so that no naughty kids will go in there. When you’re inside you can see a swing at the right side, two see-saws at the left and a large green house at the center. It was a small playground it was more of like a garden.