Chapter Four - Captors & Their Captives

LOCATION: SOME RUNDOWN PARK
DATE: SEPTEMBER 28th
TIME: MORNING

"Mur-mur! Can I deal with this intruder of ours," Robert eyes lit up with an odd expression (excitement?) when he stepped in Reine's view.

Robert appeared as childish as he sounded with the small mischievous smile on his lips, the twinkles in his honey colored eyes, and the messy short blonde hair tossed everywhere. He looked like he had never met a hair brush in his entire life which now that Reine looked at him more, was probably true.

Reine moved on to observing the girl called Margaret who now just rolled her dark brown eyes at her partner. Unclean, was the best way Reine could describe Margaret's clothes. Her dark blue T-shirt had dark spots everywhere, just like her jeans. Glancing over, Reine noticed Robert's clothes were also in that same condition, dirty spots all over. But their clothes seemed to be the only similarity they shared, because while Robert resembles an immature, Margaret looked way too old and serious for her age. Her raven colored hair was tied back in a tidy ponytail and her face was fixed in a disapproving expression.

"No, Robert, you'll probably kill or seriously injure her, and," Margaret paused, fixing her already neat ponytail, "I would very much to stop cleaning after your messes for once. Besides, Boss is in a very bad mood these days, and I would not want to annoy him again because of your foolishness again."

From the corners of her eyes, Margaret glanced over at Reine and froze. For a second, Reine thought there was a hint of recognition in those dark brown eyes, but the expression was gone as soon as it came.

Margaret, after examining Reine from head to toe, turned to Robert and said eagerly, "Robert, do you know what we could use her for though?"

Robert blinked confusedly at Margaret and casted one more frowning look at Reine before opening his mouth to speak, but Margaret cut him off immediately.

"Never mind, why was I asking you? You probably won't ever guess it in a million years," Margaret shook her head and continued, "We need more people in our group to finally get something done, right?"

Margaret smiled, her first smile all day, at Robert's widening eyes as she explained more, "We could take her in and make her a member of our group. I mean, we found her, so Boss shouldn't have any say against it. Besides, he was already frustrated with our progress, so he should be glad we have a possible solution," she pointed at Reine, "Her!"

Robert blinked at her a few more times before bursting into laughter, while Margaret glared at him and waited for him to stop. After laughing for a good five minutes, Robert finally came to the realization that his partner was not joking and stopped abruptly.

"Wait, mur, tell me you are joki-" Robert's question got interrupted by Margaret's impatient voice.

Rolling her eyes again, Margaret said, "Of course I'm not joking! She is our perfect solution! We might actually reach the quota next week, our first time! Don't you want to not fail for once?"

Robert scanned over Reine one more time with a disbelieving look this time and argued, "Yes, but don't you think she is a bit..."

Why don't I get a say in this? That was the only thought that crossed Reine's mind as she crossed her arms and listened to those two argue. That insulting comment from Robert was the last straw. Reine Aserdale would not just let two strangers decide her fate.

Joining in on their conversation, she finished Robert's sentence, "A bit what? Why am I not good enough for whatever you two are in? And who said I wanted to be in your little 'group'? Wh-"

Out of nowhere, Margaret swung her fist over and landed it right on Reine's face, making her fall over at the same time, too. Holding a hand to her scarlet cheek, Reine glared up and was about to protest but stopped when she saw her attacker's malicious sneer.