Ch. 4 ~His Maiden, Introduced~

It was a brand new day in London at the Phantomhive estate. It's been at least a few days since Mystery arrived at the mansion. She already got used to her new home, but often had strange vibes to the place. She didn't know why but she tried pushing the feeling away.

"Oi, Mystery," Bard's voice rang out. Mystery who was in her maid outfit outside of the kitchen looked at Bard. "Yes, Bard?" Mystery asked. "We're almost out of food. Could you go to town and buy some?" he asked. "Sure, do you have a list?" Mystery asked. Bard blinked. "...No, I don't. I'll make the list right now" Bard said scratching behind his head. "That won't be necessary, Bard" we both looked to see it was Sebastian.

Bard jumped in surprise. "Geez, Sebastian, you come out of no where." Bard said with wide eyes, leaning on the counter. Sebastian made a smile with his eyes closed. "Well I am one HELL of a butler," Sebastian said. "Yeah you sure are..." Bard muttered to himself. Sebastian opened his eyes and was now in front of Mystery smiling down at her. "It's nice to see you, Mystery. You are going into town correct?" Sebastian asked. "Yes, apparently we need food." Mystery said. "Indeed, I have made you a list of what we need. And we are having guests coming over. So be ready when they arrive." Sebastian ordered. "Yes, sir" Bard said and Mystery nodded. Sebastian left to tell the others the plans, while Mystery went to get ready to go to town.

She put on her red cloak pulling the hood on her head and grabbed a her basket. She jogged away from the mansion and was now in town. It was a normal day, not too crowded. She went to different stands and stores and bought everything on the list. Of coarse her basket couldn't hold everything so she had two other bags held in her other hand. She went back to the mansion and was walking this time. She glanced around and then noticed a burnt up building. She stopped and looked at it. Was it part of the mansion? She gazed at it then walked again. She had her head down as she thought. She then heard a bark and something come toward her.

She looked up and gasped as she was knocked down as the food she bought went flying in the sky. On top of her was a man, a naked one. He was panting and had his tongue out like a dog. She panicked when she saw the food fall but out of nowhere Sebastian was there and caught every bit of the groceries. She sighed relieved then looked at the man on top of her. He barked and nuzzled his head on her cheek then her neck. "Pluto!" Sebastian called out. Pluto stopped and looked at Sebastian. "Down!" Pluto got off of Mystery and Sebastian punishingly tapped Pluto on the noise, who whimpered.

Mystery sat up and Sebastian held out his hand. She looked at it then placed her pale, soft hands in his gloved hand. He helped her up and once she was up he kept her hand in his for a few moments. Mystery noticed this and quickly took her hand away. "Thank you, Sebastian." she said as she dusted off. Next thing she knew, Sebastian had both his hands on each side of her cheeks. She stared at Sebastian and blushed as his crimson eyes stared into her blue ones. "Are you alright?" he asked. "Um yeah, I'm fine. I just fell." Mystery said. Sebastian slowly took his hands away and smiled at her.

"Sebastian, do you mind explaining about..." Mystery asked pointing out the naked man, shyly. "That is Pluto. He's known as the Devil Dog and can transform into a human and a huge dog." Mystery looked at Pluto who was scratching his head with his foot, like a dog would do. "Well he listens to you very well." Mystery said. "True, but I.... detest dogs." Sebastian said while looking at Pluto with a disgusted look. "You don't like dogs?" Mystery asked. "No, I'm more of a cat person." Sebastian said smiling as he thought of cats. Mystery snapped her attention from Sebastian and looked down at Pluto who was sitting on the ground hugging Mystery's legs and snuggling his head on them. "It seems he's also taken a liking to you too." Sebastian said. "I... guess so." Mystery said not knowing what to say.

After trying to keep Pluto's paws off of Mystery, she and Sebastian went into the mansion carrying the groceries to the kitchen. Bard immediately started cooking as did Sebastian. Mystery was heading for the dining room to set up the table. She Mey-Rin carrying a big stack of dishes and thank goodness not running this time. But then she tripped on her own feet and fell. "Mey-Rin!" Mystery raced to Mey-Rin to catch her and catch the dishes in time, but that didn't turn up well. Mey-Rin fell onto her stomach, dishes broke into many tiny pieces making loud crashes, and Mystery fell and the palm of her hand got cut.