2 - Talk Dirty

a/n: So very sorry i am late. My drive feels a bit low; was very concerned about the flow of this chapter. its still early in the game right?Sigh, ok; confidence! BTW, there's quite a bit of vulgar language to this chapter, hence the title; just wanted to warn yuh! Please VOTE if you liked and let me know what you thought. so iffy about this...

Nope, no undying love or immense amount of emotions could give credit to Kris' trust; Ivan had to kill someone for Lilith, to become worthy in Kris' sight. In her world, that wasn't too much to ask. So when she asked him for help in regards to finding a new investigator, particularly his man, she trusted that his judgment was sound. It had taken a week or so to get a response, but eventually Ivan had called to set up the meeting for her to meet Mr. Viktor Shostak. Frankly, there was no need for the last guy she had hired for the past three years to do her background checks anymore; he had failed when he'd cleared Martin. The fucker should just thank sweet heaven that he didn't end up missing. Did they still put missing people's face on milk cartons?

As she was giving the question serious thought and decided to check Google, her desk phone beeped and she reached for it. There was no guessing who was on the line and why either; it was time for her appointment and if he was a timely guy like Ivan had stated, he would be here by now.

"Speak..." She answered.
"Your 10:00 is here. Should I bring him up?" Neil asked over the other line. There was just the dull rumble of the bass that was blasting in the club, which meant they were in the foyer on the first level.

"He's early...good. Bring him up." She said looking at her clock that was just changing to 9:50PM. Already a plus in her book, but that was not going to be enough.

Pulling open the top left draw, she reached in and pulled out the opal shaped, black framed mirror and observed her reflection for any discrepancies. There was no need to fluff her lush dark tresses; it had volume enough. The matte Iconic Pink lipstick made her lips worth the distraction, the smoky grey over her brilliant cat-like emerald eyes would win where her lips couldn't, and if that all failed then she would conclude that he was gay. Which was still fine with her. All this preparation was to see just how easily distracted the investigator would be. Her last would always get caught eyeing her like he was about to pounce; could be why he had slip up. She couldn't help wondering just how many he had slip up on. Perhaps she would contract Ivan's friend to do a complete and thorough check on her members. Shit...she hated sloppy work.

There was a knock on the door. Kris returned the mirror to its compartment and acknowledged the knock with a crisp 'enter'. The door swung open to divulge Neil's face first. He turned to usher in a very familiar face. What the fuck? All of Kris' breezy demeanor drained from her expression and made her jolt. The sexy magic fingers man from the wedding reception was Ivan's investigator? She tried to salvage her composure but he'd already seen it. That fucking grin...

I swear I hate this grin!

Yeah right; she only hated it because it affected her too strongly. The man was just as sumptuous in his black tailored Tom Ford suit as he was at the wedding in all grey. Where was mother Russia hiding the Greek gods and why were they setting them loose on TTB all of a sudden?

Face blank but heart clambering on beats, Kris narrowed her gaze on the man she had teased and creamed all over as she orgasmed to the sorcery of his fingers on that bench in the maze. It was silly and out of character to some degree but shit, it wasn't as if she had expected to see him again. He should've been as common as a stranger on a train; not like the damn gynecologist! Very well...too fucking late; play it like a boss.

"Viktor Shostak I presume?" Kris said; standing and extending her hand to him. If he dared to call her out in front of her Security...oh!

"Indeed and you must be Ms. Hilton; it is such a pleasure to meet you."