Green

Have you ever wondered why people always say I have my mother's eyes? They never mention her nose or her complexion, not even her temper. No, it's always Lily's eyes they talk about.

Not that I mind. I love my eyes. They're beautiful, they shine with emotions, they remind me of my mother, and they are my heritage.

Green eyes... Avada green. Have you ever questioned why the Killing Curse is green? And not just any green, but that specific shade?

The Killing Curse was created by someone. So who invented it? Who conceived of it and made it usable?

It's quite obvious.

Go on, guess.

Alright, I'll tell you.

Salazar Slytherin.

He designed the Avada curse specifically to match his eye color. Do you know what shade that was?

It was green.

That's right, Salazar's eyes were Avada green. Or should I say Salazar Green?

He had a reason for inventing it. You see, his son, Conan Slytherin, was three years old and could speak Parseltongue. But his two-year-old son, Leonidas Slytherin, couldn't. So he created the spell Avada Kedavra. It kills those who can't speak the language of serpents and spares the speakers.

Back then, Salazar didn't foresee the tragedy of his youngest son's death. It was unfortunate that Godric Gryffindor witnessed Salazar's actions and it led to mutual animosity.

Godric couldn't fathom that Salazar would commit such a cold-blooded act against his own son simply because he lacked Salazar's gift. He didn't bother to listen to Salazar's side of the story; instead, he ran through the castle accusing him of murder, branding him as evil and dark.

Salazar begged his friends to hear him out, but they shunned him, turned against him, and inflicted emotional torment upon him. Rowena even crafted the Cruciatus Curse specifically for him, claiming it was his deserved punishment.

THEY WOULDN'T LISTEN!

Seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years passed under the relentless agony of that curse.

Salazar finally snapped.

His heritage spell morphed into the Killing Curse, targeting only those unable to speak Parseltongue. He turned his punishment into dark magic. "CRUCIO!" he thundered, liberating himself from the prison he once called home—Hogwarts.

He vowed revenge against all impure souls for what they did to him.

The light will rue the day they locked him away. One day, he will return, and when he does—

The. Light. Will. Die.

"And that's why Salazar Slytherin is my favorite founder of Hogwarts," Harry concluded, smiling as he finished reading his essay aloud.

The classroom fell silent, so quiet that a pin drop could be heard. The parents visiting for Bring Your Parents to School Day shifted uncomfortably in their seats.

"Well, I like him!" Bellatrix broke the silence with a laugh.

"Are you sure he's a Gryffindor?" Lucius Malfoy asked curiously.

James Potter chuckled nervously. "Maybe he shouldn't spend so much time with my mother."

"Well, at least he loves his eyes," Lily Potter said, attempting to find a positive angle.

"Mister Potter!" Professor McGonagall snapped.

"Yes, Professor," James replied automatically.

"Yes, Aunt Minnie," Harry chimed in with a smile, causing all the adults to stare at him in astonishment.

Minerva McGonagall smiled faintly at her favorite Gryffindor and ruffled his hair. "That was a compelling essay, dear. Next time, try something a little less... dark," she advised gently.

Harry beamed and returned to his desk.

Meanwhile, among the adults:

"What," James began.

"The," Sirius added.

"Fuck," Bellatrix joined in.

"Did Minerva just smile?" Lily asked in disbelief.

"Your son is definitely a Slytherin at heart. How else could he get away with that?" Lucius remarked, a hint of envy in his voice.

"If I wrote something like that, I'd be in detention!" Sirius declared with a slight pout.

Their attention turned to Draco as he stood up. "My name is Draco Malfoy, and this is why I admire Helga Hufflepuff," he started, prompting groans from all the parents.