Chapter 4: Destiny Destroyed

Sylar’s finger was barely on Genezah’s skin when Lethe’s scream sounded aloud. Sylar looked around in alarm and saw Lethe and Monique flying away and hitting the ground in a loud crash.

‘Stay away from him!’

Genezah looked around and saw Sofia, Adrianna and Kaye standing around her. Kaye’s hands were still in the air having taken Lethe spiralling in the air. Sofia disappeared from her spot and reappeared beside Monique who has awakened from the impact. Sylar has disappeared momentarily and reappeared beside Lethe who was meters away from them.

‘Clever.’ Sylar said as he helped his friend up.

‘Guys…’ Genezah said as she looked around her friends.

‘Raven and Lez are on the way.’ Kaye said grinning at Genezah. ‘We were alarmed when we heard Monique scream.’

Adrianna tch-ed. ‘What are we doing attacking like this? It’s not as if we can really fight.’

‘And why did you attack the other guy?’ Sofia exclaimed at Kaye. ‘You’re supposed to take the other one away!’

‘I was trying!’ Kaye shouted back. ‘I haven’t mastered this yet!’

Sylar watched them silently from his spot. ‘So… they’re all here…’

‘Next time, work on your aim!’ Adrianna exclaimed.

‘You do the hurling, I do the stopping!’ Kaye shouted angrily. ‘Don’t make it look as if you can bargain pow-‘

‘LOOK OUT!’

Adrianna felt herself being pulled away from the ground as an unknown impact hit them out of nowhere. Dust whirled around them. When everything cleared, Sylar was laughing.

‘Who are they?’ Sofia muttered as she stared at the large, blasted hole on the ground where they have been standing.

Lez was suddenly there and was straining under the weight of both Adrianna and Genezah. Kaye and Monique were already held safe by Sofia. Raven was also there, clutching her right shoulder after giving Lez a boost and taking some damage herself.

‘Lez! Raven!’ Genezah exclaimed in surprise. ‘You came?’

‘Duh,’ Raven said, rolling her eyes. ‘What have you been doing? What’s happening here?’

‘I am what’s happening.’

Sylar stood several yards from them, his hands confidently kept in his pockets. Lethe was already back on his feet, gazing angrily at them.

‘Who is this guy and why is he wearing leather jeans?’ Monique asked, eyeing Sylar angrily. ‘And why are you all here?’

‘Quit asking!’ Adrianna exclaimed.

Lethe stepped forward in front of Sylar. ‘Shall we?’

‘Don’t act so cocky! I nearly killed you lately!’ Kaye hissed. ‘What do you need from us?’

Sylar grinned and touched Lethe’s shoulder to calm him down. ‘I forgot my manners and I am truly sorry. I am Sylar-‘

‘Sylar-what?’

Sylar looked at them confidently. ‘Sylar. Just Sylar.’

‘That’s sad,’ Raven said. ‘Anyone who doesn’t have any surname won’t look heavenly on Earth.’

‘Oh I’m not here to look heavenly.’ Sylar said nodding. ‘I came here with the knowledge that a single life form is living differently from anyone else. I don’t have the gift of tracking but I had faith in my senses that that life form is around here somewhere and I found your friend.’