Chapter 15

*Grayson's POV*

I sigh as I put on my gold mask looking myself in the mirror.
I lied to her..we are leaving tomorrow. Weeks passed so quickly.
Mom wouldn't let us go to the prom but we insisted saying it's the last time we get to see our friends..her.
And here I am now getting ready for my last night here.

I got out of the bathroom. Where's my phone? As I searched for my phone I found a hat. 'Hmm nice hat I'll wear it. It makes me kinda mysterious.' I thought to myself.

The doorbell rang. It's probably Brenda. I open the door and yeah it is Brenda.

"Hey you look beautiful." I say.

"Thanks babe you too." She kissed me.

My mom came after about five minutes. She went to Christina's house to say goodbye. They are very good friends.
Did she told her? Maybe..

She took many pictures.
"Christina is gonna be there too. She looks really pretty in that red dress. She's also wearing a gold mask just like yours." She said. My mom knows we are not really close lately..

Red dress. Gold mask. That's how I'll tell her apart from the other girls.

"Good to know.." I mutter trying to look nonchalant.

*Christina's POV*

We entered our school gym. The music was loud and everyone was already dancing. Me and Abby went to get something to drink.
There's this guy staring at me..
He's standing right next to the table with the drinks. Even when he noticed I an staring back, he didn't turn away. After a few seconds I felt weird and I turned my gaze to Abby. She coughed.

"Psst Chris? Why is this guy staring at you? Do you know him?" She whispers but damn she just can't whisper. Ugh.

"Shhh! He'll hear you! No I don't know him."

*Grayson's POV*

Where is she? My mom said she'll come.
A girl walking down the stairs caught my eye. She's wearing a red dress and a gold mask. Target spotted. It's her.

Knowing Christina, she'll go get something to drink; when there is no food she drinks something. And yeah she did.

"Babe do you want something to drink? You do? Yeah you do." I asked Brenda and left without waiting for an answer.

I stand next to the table. I look at her coming. My gaze locked with hers. I couldn't look away but she did.
Wait. What if she recognized me? Well there is only one way to find out.

"Hey." I smile.

"Hi." She said shyly. She doesn't know who I am. If she knew she would probably slap me!

*Christina's POV*

"You're very beautiful. I like you're mask." He said with a smirk fixing his mask on purpose. We are wearing similar masks. I giggled.

"Thanks I like yours too. I'm Christina. And you are..?"

"I..am..the guy in the gold mask." He replied. I raised my eyebrow.

"Seriously? And why so mysterious?" I too a sip of punch.

"Well mystery is sexy." He winked. I am totally blushing right now. I have to admit he is very handsome.

"Yeah sure." I say as I put down my drink.

"Wanna dance with me?" He asked holding out his hand.

"Umm.." I say reluctantly.

"Yes you do." He grabs my hand leading me to the dance floor. He likes being dominant..

"I guess I do." I sighed but inside I was screaming.
A slow song came on..seriously? Great..

Song: Wildest Dreams - Taylor Swift (cause they danced to it:)

He hesitated placing his hand on my waist.
"C-Can I?" Did he just stutter? That's really cute.
I nodded looking in his eyes. His touch gave me goosebumps.
He is really close to me now.

We kept dancing in silence until I spoke.
"This is very cliché right? I mean come on we are dancing to a slow song and we just met and you know love at first sight and shit and-"

His breath got heavier.
"Deal with it." He mumbled with his eyes locked in mine. Intimidating..but there is something that makes my heart drop to my feet every time he looks in my eyes.
He started rubbing my lower back softly in circles sending shivers down my spine.
I slowly placed my hand on his chest feeling the warmth of his body and his quick pulse. His heart is beating really fast, just like mine.
His hand moved from my waist slowly to my hand. He just held it gently as if a harsh move could break it.
He looked me in the eyes and then my lips while humming the melody. I chuckled thinking he unexpectedly knows this song. He smiled back without taking his eyes off of my lips.
He moved closer. His lips inches away from mine. He cupped my face with his hands. He looked deep into my eyes asking for permition.
I didn't think about it for a second.
I kissed him.
Our lips moved in sync. They were soft. They made me crave him more.

It was the most passionate kiss I've ever had.. Is that bad? Kissing someone you just met with so much passion? Until you feel the need for air?
But then I remembered. He is just a random guy, a stranger.
What am I doing!?
Then I was abruptly brought back to reality.
I pull away thinking of Grayson.
He didn't open his eyes right away. He liked it as much has I did.
I need to leave. I felt other people's eyes on us but I didn't care.
I look him in the eyes.
"I-I'm sorry.." I run out of the gym.
-
When I got home my mom was already sleeping. I just realized I left Abby there alone. I'll text her later or tomorrow explaining what happened..

I strip myself naked so I can hop into the shower. The cold water running down my back made me shiver reminding me of his touch.
The guy in the gold mask..I chuckle.
I never thought kissing stranger would be that epic.
Tonight was definitely a night to remember.

-----------------------------------------------------
Ok they kissed 😘
Brace yourselves for the next chapter...

Byyyyeeeeeee💕🍕