Chapter 3: Danger

[Kimiko]

As Arvin fled the scene, I noticed that something was bothering him. He looked kind of 'off'. It was fine to be nervous about knowing the grades, but there was no reason to be nervous if the grades were acceptable. Something was not right, and I was about to find it out.

I glanced and noticed Ronald who seemed busy talking to the other girls in the campus who appeared to be slutty and clinging to my cousin. Their flirty and 'hungry' faces changed into horrified looks after noticing I was near them and then I said,

"Ronald, let's go home."

After saying those, the girls who were just talking to him suddenly went away. Those girls seemed to know me, and I bet it's because of my 'brutality'. Ronald approached me with his sarcastic worried face. While putting his hands on my neck from one side to the other, he said,

"Going home early? Are you okay?"

Somehow irritated by what he said, I clenched my fist and I spread out my hand at once, taking the shape of a blade and delivered a chop directly at his head, which caused him to fall face first.

"If you don't want to go home then I'll go home by myself!" I walked away, trying to subside my irritation towards him.

"Jeez cous. You don't have to be hard on me." He said as he got up and touched the area where I landed the hit. I responded with a mild death glare, making him raise his hands in surrender and stepped back. He scratched his head and said,

"Goodness, you always give me that glare when I tease you. Anyway, see you later." He said as he got up back on his knees and waved goodbye at me, and he started to walk away catching up with the other girls. His face, that sinister smile that pisses me off. Tch, no wonder Arvin really hates my cousin. Goodness gracious, ever since they met, they were cats and dogs that didn't get tired of fighting each other. I hope that Ronald will realize it and change his attitude, especially now that he is about to become a college student.

Immediately, I took my phone to call dad for him to pick me up from school. I opened the phone and checked the time, it was still 10 in the morning. I looked for the number of my dad at the contacts section and when I saw it, I pressed call. I put my earphones on and plugged the other end into the phone. There was a ringing tone but no one was answering. It took a while before it was answered.

"Hello dad." I greeted him.

"Hello sweetheart. So, how were your grades?" He asked. I answered him in a cheerful and calm tone,

"It was excellent. I got high grades, nothing below 90 as usual. Nothing to worry about. I'm all clear."

"Well that's good to hear Kimiko, by the way, do you want me to pick you up right now?"

"Yes dad, and please," I paused for a moment and breathed heavily, "be fast."

"Hahaha, ok sweetie. I'll be over there, ASAP." He answered happily.

"Bye dad. Take care on your way here."

"You too sweetie, wait for me alright?"

"Mhm." And then, I cut it off.

After calling him, I sat down near the benches under the trees. In Front of me was a beautiful landscape of the school and the other buildings being in harmony with nature itself. The breeze was fine although it was a bit hot since it was summer. And all I could hear were the birds, tweeting like they were singing a beautiful song for nature. I wish everyday would be as peaceful as this day.

*****

I checked the time and it was still very early for my dad to come. I'm sure that he is still stuck in the traffic that is somewhere in the city. So I stood up and took a stroll.