Chapter 19 - What happened?

I couldn't see anyone, but I could sure hear them. Their voices. I tried to speak-but to no avail. I couldn't move. I was just stuck in a world of black listening to people.

"I'm so sorry."
-Glenn.

"Please wake up."
-Daryl? Why was he saying that? He's never one to show emotion.

"I'm so fucking sorry."
"Wake up."
"Please."
-Glenn.
The desperation and emotion in his voice made me want to get up and hug him. Hold him, and tell him everything's going to be fine. But I couldn't. But that didn't stop me trying.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
*1 month later*
Glenn's POV:
Everybody is telling me to give up; why? I'm never giving up on her. I love her. Why would I ever leave her to die?
I walked into her room and held her cold hand. In my mind I could feel her squeezing my hand. Waking up and hugging me. But I wish it wasn't in my mind.
"I love you, you know that? I never stop thinking about when you wake up. We'll be together; perfect. We argued, and you stormed off the last time we spoke. You got shot. I wasn't there. I wasn't fucking there! The time you needed me! And I wasn't there!-"
I let go of her hand regretfully and threw the nearby chair at the cupboard and stormed out.