On My Mind - Noro X Reader

"You got yourself in a dangerous zone
Cause we both have the fear, fear of being alone "

- Ellie Goulding | On My Mind

-

It was ironic how the entire thing started.

While the pop music slowly thumping in the room, a sigh, ever so subtle, was released. A wisp of mist rose almost too slowly, forming a small shape in the air before vanishing into the air. The long ebony black hair seemed to flow onto the bed from the pillow, released from its captor of the hairband.

As you lay in bed, you stared at the ceiling blankly, the blankets pulled right up to your chest. If you could describe your current feelings now, perhaps you would with all the tears flooding your eyes as you sobbed in your bed, curled up in a sorrowful ball of pitiful hatred and pain, but yet you couldn't.

Your upbringing had forced you to hold back your tears and be someone that everyone would be proud of. Since young, your parents told you that a child should not cry even in the face of danger and despair because that would reveal the weakness of oneself.

You thought that you had been hurt before so it wouldn't have mattered yet another time, but every single time, you knew.

You could never move on.

Just lying there silently ever so still, you could almost hear the sound of the CCG knocking on your door, the sound of their weaponry made from the very base of ghouls to counter the souls of the ghouls and their superiors barking orders, calling out," That's an S rated one in there. We have to get her."

You had feared of being alone.

For all the same reasons that any human and ghoul could say. The fear of the dark, the fear of the evil encroaching into your soul and eating you right from the inside of your very being and the fear of being left there just by yourself, in the midst of the crowd as you watch him walk away from you with such determination, the diamond ring rolling out of the palm of his hand before disappearing under the shoe of the pedestrians.

All you wished now, was that he could hold you in that locket you once gave to him away from the maddening crowd with a gleeful face and sparkling eyes. That one afternoon when he had kissed you in that secret rose garden, then loved you with all of his heart. Perhaps, he would still have the gift of your lock of hair tied together with his, so dark together they seemed to entwine with one another like they were inseparable, but after all, that was just a wish.

"S rated! S rated! Finally!" A voice cheekily laughed as you figured out that a figure had bounced into the room, knives in his hands glistening from the dried blood of past victims. You didn't move, only lying there as you gave another sigh subtly, watching yet again the wisp of mist floating in the air.

" Juuzou. Are you here?" You asked, a vague smile on your face as you remembered the past times you used to play with Juuzou when you were at Mama's house, he being just a small little child. Every time you tried to defend him or tended to his wounds, you would get whipped by Mama or your parents until you were left just breathing.

The silence answered you, and you knew Juuzou was stunned by how he figured out that it was you. His superiors behind him kept silent, but even as you kept looking at the ceiling, you knew, they were possibly measuring and planning on how to go about killing you.

After all, you hadn't been such a pleasant girl after he had left.

The Aogiri Tree members shunned you as if you were the plague and no ghoul nor human wanted to be associated with the likes of you. You went almost mad, eating your own flesh repeatedly as you cried at your balcony for once, scaring the heavens out of the normal Tokyo civilians as you revealed your true self for one, kagune blazing in the wind and attacking your own skin and flesh, tearing through your muscles and bones.

" Juuzou, Noro- Noro... You know him right? " You smiled weakly, asking in your sweet and delicate voice even though your throat was so dry your bones seemed to crack with every word spoken.

A nod as a movement as you heard the sharpening of knives, and then a tear trickled down your face silently.

" He took my heart. I don't know where it went. Juuzou, tell me. He promised, he promised to bring me out of the dark when he found me in there. He promised to never leave me! Why...? At the end.... At the end... It was him who pushed me back into the darkness and shut me out from the light. " You sobbed, the tears rolling down your cheeks and staining the black bed sheets.

Had he not given you so much hope, perhaps you wouldn't even be alive, and yet as he abandoned you, you were dead the moment he hesitated to take your hand.

You pushed yourself up, moving back to lean against the stack of pillows as you watched the CCG members move slightly to get into a defensive position.

"It's okay. It's ending. You know Juu-chan? It's ending." You laughed in the midst of your sobs, your hand moving to pat Juuzou who stood every so silently beside your bed while in position to kill you. You could feel Juuzou stiffen, watching his palms grow sweaty, and then you licked your lips.

" Juu-chan, remember how I used to tell you how I hated my parents? I killed them. I ate their every single flesh and bones, cracking their jaws and bones one at a time as I cried. I cried for those bloody fucking parents who never did anything for me. I'm going to fucking kill him I swear. He bloody promised me!" You shrieked as if almost losing control as you watched them tense up, and then you calmed down all of a sudden, your tears drying up on your cracked porcelain face of distrust.

" I'm so tired Juu-chan." You muttered into Juuzou's ear, and then your hand swiftly grabbed one of his knives before he could ever react, and then you stabbed it into your heart multiple times before Juuzou's hand stopped you.

Fluttering eyelids, you muttered, " Be a good boy Juuzou. Keep Noro alive for me," leaving Juuzou and an entire stunned team of CCG investigators standing by your bed, watching you slink back into the darkness that you hated with so much fear.

The fear of loneliness.

-

It's angst.

My god I'm angst.

The world is tumbling down.

I'm crying while listening to [Unravel] over and over again.