Broken [Tatara X OC] Tokyo Ghoul Fanfiction

"I think you still love me, but we can't escape the fact that I'm not enough for you. I knew this was going to happen. So I'm not blaming you for falling in love with another woman. I'm not angry, either. I should be, but I'm not. I just feel pain. A lot of pain. I thought I could imagine how much this would hurt, but I was wrong."

― Haruki Murakami, South of the Border, West of the Sun

-

Tatara was one of the most amazing men I had ever met in my life.

And the final one that I had met.

As I lay on the cold concrete floor, my eyes staring into the bright LED lightbulb that hovered above me, I couldn't help myself but think that maybe this was all for the better.

Maybe this, was what I was really searching for in such a man like Tatara.

That was what I had expected when I had seen him the first time. The first time I had caught the eye of such a dangerous man. He gave off that aura. That aura of power, possessiveness and domination. His white hair revelling in the sun, away from all the mass of people. He was like the sun in the night sky, shining with brightness and controlling the earth with his might.

That's what first drew me to him.

I didn't really know what drew him to me though, even though as I took my last breath, he whispered in my ear about liking my smell at first sight. That heavenly smell that I gave off, of desperation and anger, loss and frustration. That intoxicating smell that drew him in to me, towards my side.

That lightbulb that my eyes focused on was the one we had switched together. He had gotten behind me, his arms encircling me as he pressed up against me. His hands that entwined with mine and taught me gently, step by step, how to replace the spoilt light bulb. His warm breath against my ear that made my heart beat rapidly once again.

He was like sweet death.

That kind of death that never really existed unless you really loved a person and was willing to sacrifice for another. That's what I felt for Tatara. Our relationship was short yet exciting. Passionate yet calm. Crazy yet still.

We had fallen in love in a hopeless place, in this fanatical world where humans were predators yet prey themselves. This was a cycle, retribution brought upon ourselves. And yet I had fallen so deeply beyond the cracks of salvation, too late to turn around and repent, for I was too taken in by him. His entire charisma and flair to influence got me in a second, and I was his,until death.

This night, I was his, for the first and last time. He whispered out sweet promises of love and dreams as my fingernails raked into his back, the excitement filling my cold and empty heart, just as it did his. Yet, I was blinded while he was still clear, of his motive and agenda.

As his kagune ripped out of his back, I stared on in sheer admiration that he was more beautiful in this form. More demanding. More domineering. More autocratic. There was no fear, no such waste of useless emotions like what the CCG had described. To me, he was just my lover, my one and only last one.

His kagune pierced into my shoulder, time and again, and I screamed out, the pain masking my senses. Nothing was going to make things right again. I had made the wrong move the first time I had met this man.

He was like sweet death.

He wore his mask, covering his mouth, but I could tell he wasn't smiling at all like how he used to when he would hug me and hold me close. Instead, his eyes were filled with pain, but he quickly took it away with coldness as he stabbed me another time. This time, it completely paralyzed me as his kagune went straight through my spine and broke it.

It was beyond boundaries, how I hurt.

Yet nothing could beat the moment, when he grabbed her hand and stood before me, exclaiming that she was his, and I was nothing.

That was when things fell apart.

As his kagune slowly penetrated my heart, digging deep into the muscles, I could feel my blood surge and flow so freely. I wasn't bound by anything or anyone anymore, and he had freed me. I hastily formed a smile which hardened quickly, one filled with no regrets and all the love that I had for him. At least, this one was sincere.

He was like sweet death.

And I was broken.

-

I cannot think of any kaneki ken story things right now so I'm just gonna write a one shot Tatara one first.

And then I'll yolo my kaneki ken one tomorrow.

So yeah.

First time I actually described a really short short ahem scene. Which I am feeling really awkward about right now.

Don't judge.

Don't even.

Don't start.

Yes.

I applaude you for not judging.

Thanks!:)