The great 'escape'

James could see his fair being handed to him on a silver platter, he could al,pay hear the angels singing but there were no Angels in hell. He found that something inside of him and decided to reject his fait and continue to stare at this nearing creature. It looked like something from a horror film or maybe even something out of hell, could it be an illusion, before he had time to think of an answer it was about 5 meters away from him, he had to act fast. He rose to the creature and decided to walk towards it before he realised that he was wearing the same outfit as James was, the one in which many men and women wear everyday as the approach their prison death. James suddenly realised that this creature was no creature at all, it was an undead person. James thought about all the television shows he watched and knew to go for the head to kill it. As he ran past the person trying desperately not to fall as of the chains on his legs he used his handcuffs to strangle the creature and apply so much pressure it's head would come clean off, but this wasn't television, this was real life. The creature turned to him and gave James the dirtiest look he had been ever given but still nothing happened. James was keen to take no prisoners and punched it right in the face so hard it knocked it straight down. Now all James needed to do was find a key to take off his chains. After walking down the corridor he found half a body here and there but still no keys. He found an officer who was not crazy and James could only ask him what the hell was going on and the man simply replied "The end."
As the man pulled his gun to his own head he told James to do the same after he had but James wasn't having anymore bullshit, after all he was expecting to die by lethal injection, not shooting himself in the temple letting his blood flush out like a flash flood. After the man had shot himself James found in his pocket were the keys to the handcuffs and he also had acquired himself a 9mm pistol. As he ran down the corridor trying to find a way out of the prison he had no luck until he found another prisoner in cuffs on the floor crying. James chucked the man the keys and continued running down the corridor, after all this was a prison where rapists, murderers and the usual suspects seem to be do he decided to steer clear of any human contact for a little while.
It had been around 30 seconds until James had found a stair well, could this be the key out of the prison?
He decided to go down the stairwell but he didn't want to find anymore of those tho gas in the near future, this meant it all to him, it was life or death. As he got to the ground floor he found a door leading outside straight open, this was a back door so there was no fences or security at the door. After a long time no time in the reflective darkness he emerged from the prison with a squint in his eyes but carried on to walk into the forest that surrounded the prison. He did t know where he was, state nor country. He could be anywhere from the north to the south of America. As he reached an opening James stopped in his tracks with a gun pointed straight up him and possibly the last words he could ever hear were "Stop or I'll shoot!"