Chapter 6

(Nya's POV)

I gapped at the phone for a few seconds after Pythor hung up. I still couldn't believe he was still alive. "Nya..." Zane started uneasily. I spun around to face him. "We've got to save him!" I shouted at him. I was aware of the warm tears pouring down my face. Zane nodded. "I'll be able to track where the phone was last used on the radar, but we need to hurry. I am 99.99% certain that Pythor wasn't bluffing about killing Jay." "Never tell me the odds!" "Sorry." He turned and ran inside with me hot on his tail. We entered the bridge, where the others were sitting. "Zane? Nya? What's wrong?" Kai asked, standing up. He saw me crying and he ran over to hug me. I held him tightly and cried into his shoulder. "Zane?" Kai asked again. "Pythor has captured Jay," Zane answered icily, "And is planning on killing him." After he said that, I started crying harder. I couldn't bear the thought of a life without my beloved blue ninja. Kai stroked my hair comfortingly. I opened my eyes and saw Cole looking at me, concern covering his features. Cole. The reason why Jay had left in the first place. I felt all my agnst turn into pure rage. I pulled away from Kai and stormed towards Cole. "If you hadn't kissed me, Jay would be here instead of in the clutches of Pythor!" I screamed at him, slamming my fists against th table. I pulled away and hugged my arms around my chest to stop from crying. "Wait, what?" Kai shouted, "You kissed her?" He walked up to Cole and picked him by the front of his shirt. "You better tell me why you kissed my sister before I rip your miserable head off!" Cole squeaked in terror. "Kai," Lloyd said, standing up and pulling Kai away from Cole, "Violence won't solve anything." He turned to Cole. "Why did you kiss Nya, though? You don't even like her!" We all  stared at the black ninja and he blushed. "I don't know!" he burst out, covering his face with his hands, "I just...couldn't control myself." Suddenly, Zane was kneeling at Cole's side. "How long have you felt this lust towards Nya," he asked, pulling Cole's hands away from his face. "I don't know...Since...the day at the hospital...I think," he looked into Zane's eyes, "Yeah, she walked in and I...I..." Zane nodded, then stood up. "It's just as I feared," he muttered. I started to ask what he meant, but a small beep interupted me. Zane looked over to the mainframe. "It's done tracking the phone. Let's go." Zane ran out of the bridge and, after a second, we all followed him onto the deck.