Calypso - Hamster Man

"The fire bringer and mother must spar,
You will be helped by the father of scar,
One person may simply change out of spite
For better or worse, other sides will fight."

"What does it mean?" Percy wondered.

"Well, I'm the fire bringer," Leo said, "but my mother is dead."

"Frank's a dragon. He breathes fire."

"Or it could be Dad- Hephestaus and his mother, Hera."

"Helped by the father of scar-Who is scar?"

"Like Scar from The Lion King? Maybe it's one of our evil uncles or something." Leo analyzed.

"Or- Jason has a scar. Maybe it's talking about Zeus?" Thalia suggested. "Or-" she paled and glanced at Annabeth.

"Luke," Annabeth said with a set jaw. "His dad- Hermes?"

"Annabeth- It's the multivitamins!" Percy seemed very proud that he figured it out before the daughter of Athena. Well, he thought he was right. I had no idea what they were talking about.

Annabeth must have noticed my quizzical look, and quickly explained. "On our quest to the Sea of Monsters, Hermes gave us these vitamins that reversed Circe's spell on Percy and turned him back into himself. I bet it would work on Frank too!"

"Wait, what did Circe turn him into?" Leo wanted to know.

"A hamster. It was hilarious, he was eating celery and his voice was all- squeaky and his teeth-" Everyone cracked up so I couldn't hear the rest. 

"Hey- It doesn't matter." Percy said to quiet us, his face beet red. "What matters is that the multivitamins will turn Frank back into himself."

"That's a stroke of genius," Reyna said.

"Hear that, Wise Girl? I'm a genius!"

"You wish, Seaweed Brain." And then- you guessed it- they smooched. Well, more of a peck really.

"Hey, L'Oreal," I interrupted the mushy moment. "You have to pick two people to go on your quest."

I was trying to make sure that Leo didn't feel like a third (or seventh) wheel again. I think it worked.

"Well, Hamster Boy figured out the Hermes multivitamin thing, so it's only fair that he should come. So that's Celery Man and... can I pick more than just two?"

"Well traditionally, that's the rule, but in our quest in the Labyrinth, four worked out fine. And there was the seven for the last Great Prophecy," Annabeth reasoned.

"Well then I want to bring all of you. Annabeth, Mr Hamster, Calypso, Nico, Will, Reyna, and Thalia. And Jason, if we find him. Only if want to, of course."

Nico looked at Will Solace. "We'd go."

"Sorry guys, but I have to help Jason. And Reyna is a praetor, too, so she-"

"Plus she'll probably wind up being Jason's sister in law," Will interjected, smiling.

It was strange to me, to think of two men or two women loving each other. In my day, a woman and a man would only be together. But I would have to get used to it- I would never wanted to be judged for my love of Leo, so why would I judge Thalia for her love of Reyna, or Will for his love for Nico?

Thalia shot him a look while Reyna answered, "I will be needed in New Rome. I'm sorry, Leo."

Percy and Annabeth both said "I'll go" at the same time. Then Percy said, "Leo- do you think we could bring Tyson? You're fireproof, but you might need one more person who can help you."

"Who's Tyson?" Leo and I said in unison.

"My half brother- he's a Cyclops. A good one."

"Sure," Leo said. "So that's Mr Nice Cyclope, Gerbil Guy, Annabeth, Nico, Will, me, and Calypso," Leo said, counting on his fingers. "Seven. Just like old times." He grinned, that cute little grin that showed his brilliant white teeth.

"Well, I suppose we should go," said Percy.

"Later Thalia. Later Reyna."

We waved goodbye. I hoped and prayed that this quest wouldn't wind up like Leo's last one.