Chapter 10 ~ Once Upon A Time

Only 2 weeks had passed since I kissed Baxlyn. We now spent every single free minute together. I could never get her off my mind. When we are apart it feels different and her wide grin is stained into my brain.

When my parents had gotten back, I knew they wouldn't be okay with me seeing her since I was supposed to be with Lexia. They know her family has money, which was good to them, it was just her reputation. Apparently Lexia's mother was gossiping to my mom about Baxlyn and the rumors that went around in school.

My parents were again, out of town, on a trip to our cottage in the Hamptons so I am will have all the time in the world to spend with Baxlyn. She hadn't been home all day but as soon as I seen her truck pull into her house, I made my way over. I sneaked up behind her as she was getting and grabbed her by the waist, making her jump.

"God Tanner! You scared the crap out of me!" Baxlyn yelled, putting her hand over her heart.

I smirked at her and kissed on the forehead. "Sorry babe," I apologized.

"No you're not." Baxlyn put her hand on my chest and playfully shoved me back.

I watched as she pulled out a white bag on a hanger from the backseat of her Jeep. "What's that?" I asked.

"Oh, I wanted to ask you something." I stared at her, she continued. "My step-dad has this annual company 'ball' and I was wondering if you will be my date tonight?"

"Well-" She cut me off.

"I know it's last minute and you don't have to go if you don't want."

I wide grin crept across my face. "And miss you in a short dress? Of course I will go with you! What time tonight?"

Baxlyn laughed. "7 o'clock is when we are leaving and you do own a tux don't you?"

"Don't worry babe I have a tux. I'll see you at 7," I kissed her on the lips softly and turned to head back home.

***

I looked into the mirror and studied myself. My hair was still wet from the shower and ruffled up, tux fitted well with the salmon, button up collar shirt made my eyes stand out. I was getting completely frustrated with my tie. It would stay. I was never good with these.

As I was about to give up on my tie, a hear a slight knock on my door. I look over and see Baxlyn standing in my door way. Her long, blond hair was curled with a sparkly red bow to pull back her bangs. She had on a little black dress that fitted her tightly to show her curves. The lace on her sleeves made the dress even more sexier on her. My eyes explored down to her 4in. red stilettos.

"Hi," Baxlyn said shyly.

"Hi," I breathed. I ran my hand over my face as I walked near her. She looked at the floor shyly and I flicked on of her curls. She looked down at her then back to me. I stared directly into her big ocean eyes. I loved the way her face relaxed as I touched her cheek.

"You're tie looks awful," Baxlyn giggled.

"I can never get these things to tie," I laughed stepping back a bit.

She moved her hands to my tie. "Let me help you."

As she moved her fingers through the tie, I said, "You look so beautiful."

Baxlyn stepped back and looked at me in the eyes. She cupped my face in her hands and kissed me softly. She pulled away and giggled. "I know, now lets go."

***

When we arrived, Baxlyn's parents found their way towards us and introduced us to their boss and showed us to our tables. The was a beautiful centerpiece that lit up in the middle of the table. We were at a very expensive country club. I had been here once before with my dad for a golfing tournament. 

The DJ was playing an older, upbeat song that Baxlyn and her mom swayed their hips too. "So, your parents are off traveling again?" I heard a familiar voice say and turned to see Baxlyn's step-dad. 

"Oh. Yes sir. They are in the Hamptons for the week," I replied.

"That's wonderful. We're wondering when we can meet them. I mean we have been her for about 2-3 months and haven't really gotten to know them."

"Well sir, I am sure when they get the time they would love to have dinner or something." I lied. 

He was about to say something until Baxlyn cut in, "Dinner is coming right now." I followed her eye to a man with a tray of salad and steaks.  

We sat and talked about multiple things. I couldn't keep my eyes off of Baxlyn as she talked with passion. The topic about our future came up and then all eyes were on me.

"What about you Tanner? What are you planning to do?" Baxlyn's mother asked.

I cleared my throat and adjusted my tie. "Well, I got accepted to UCLA. I plan on majoring in Astronomical Studies. Then hoping to get a job at Mount Laguna Observatory and study further into  space." 

"That sounds like a wonderful plan. UCLA is where Baxlyn going. She will be studying Biochemistry. Isn't that right hunny?" 

She shook her head and asked if we could be excused. I took her hand and we roamed around the dance floor. Baxlyn started to pull me out a big pair of opened doors into a garden. We walked into the gazebo and she looked at me. 

The song I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz started to play and we could hear it faintly. I set my hands on her hips and she draped her hands around my neck, running her nails up and down my skin. Baxlyn rested her head on my shoulder. Swaying to the music, I just got lost into the feel and thought of being with Baxlyn. She was my girl. I knew I could make her happy and she could make me happy. 

"Tanner?" I heard her faint voice say into my neck.

"Yes?" I answered.

She was silent for a second. "Do you see me in your future?"

I pulled her away and looked into her eyes. A devilish smirk formed on my face. I pulled her back into my body and pressed my lips against hers. It was soft and slow. We pulled our lips away an rested our  foreheads together. 

"Most definitely." I whispered.