Chapter 1 ~ Kool-Aid

School is boring. Everyone knows that. Especially when you have lived in the same town, with the same people, living the same life. We have no excitement here in Foster City, never have, never will. I like to think of perfect exciting scenarios that have a 0% chance of happening, kind of like Kayne West becoming president.

"Tanner? Hello! Tanner?" My brain finally focused in to the real world. I looked over and saw everyone at my lunch table looking at me very seriously.

"What?" I said with a mouth full of chewed apple.

"God you have been acting so weird today," my girlfriend, Lexia said very annoyed. "Anyways, have you seen the new girl yet? She came in late. On her first day. I mean come on, who does that?"

A girl next to her, Ashley, who I may say is not the brightest girl in school. "I mean did you see her clothes, she looked so hipster and...emo. Gag!"

Lexia only complains about a girl because 1, she is jealous. Or 2, she wants to show that she the Queen B. Her family is the richest in town and she's the daughter of our mayor.

I don't exactly know who she is or what she looks like...but I do know she is my new neighbor. They started to move in late last night and I had basically just stayed up all night watching them move in from out of my window. I know, I know...so exciting right? Well when someone new moves into our small town, it's pretty big news. No one has lived in the neighboring house for...forever. It was just remodeled and is the 2nd biggest house in town.

My best friend Nick's voice filled my ears. "Well, I think she is pretty hot." He said smirking as Ashley punched him in the arm. "What do you think about her Tanner?" At this, Lexia's eyes basically stared into my soul.

"Ughhh, I haven't seen her yet actually..." They looked at me confused.

"Dude, isn't she your neighbor?" Nick asked.

"Yeah but..." I suddenly got cut off by Ashley.

"Oh! There she is!"

I turned my head and saw a very toned, tan girl. She looks about 5'6 and she was definitely gorgeous. She didn't exactly look emo but she did have a hipster look. She was wearing a jersey crop top and ripped up jeans with a red flannel tied around her waist. Her hair was bleach blond and down to about her mid stomach.

She looked around for somewhere to sit then started for an empty table in the back. As she walked, boys whistled and turned heads as she passed by. I continued to watch her as she sat down and put headphones in, until Lexia elbowed me.

"What the hell Tanner. Quit staring," She hissed. Leaning into the middle of everyone, she whispered, "Her name is Baxlyn, like who in their right mind names their kid that?" Nick wanted to say something but Ashley cuts in.

"I heard she got expelled from her last school because she smashed some girls face into a brick wall and was caught with drugs. Her parents had to bail her out of jail and pay for the news to not be released," She whispered in.

"Wow, what a weirdo," Lexia said disgustedly. Then we went silent for a few minutes.

"I don't believe it." I said

Lexia looked at me "Excuse me? Tanner, just look at her. She looks like that type of girl. Aren't most emos like odd and violent?"

"...No and she isn't emo."

The bell rang and we started to pack up our trash. "Well, I don't like her whether it's true or not."

As we headed to the back to throw our trash away, I hear Lexia and Ashley whispering and giggling. I turned to look at Lexia opening her Kool-Aid and handing the cap to Ashley. Oh. No. She started to walk for where the new girl was sitting.