Unexpected

EDITED 11/DEC/2015

Lyanne

"Hi."

My heart froze in my chest and then began to beat rapidly. What the hell did they want with us?

Martha frowned at the Belles but replied nonetheless.

"Hey Samantha. What are you doing here?"

I kept my eyes on my tea, not wanting to making eye contact with any of them.

"What am I doing here?" Samamtha laughed prettily and twirled her hair. Her minions- sorry, friends- laughed along with her.

"I'm just here to get coffee. Why are you here, Martha?" Her face twisted menacingly as she asked the question while Martha just rolled her eyes.

"Girl time. This is Lyanne Knight." She motioned at me and I smiled at Samantha and her posse.

"Don't look at me." She snapped at me and I recoiled in surprise. No. Way.

"Excuse me?" If I can't control my life at home, the least I could do is control my life outside and no matter how rich or popular Somantha is, I'm not gonna let her talk to me like that.

She didn't pay any attention to me, she just glared at Martha.

"Is this who you hang out with now, street rats?" I flushed when I heard the term 'street rats.'

"Don't you dare talk about her that way. Are you jealous that I left you when I found out how much of a bitch you were? Jealous that I have a new best friend?" Martha made no attempt at pretending to be nice anymore. She unleashed her claws and sank them deep as she full on glared at Samantha.

Anissa, who had been silent up until now, sneered at us and said, "Why would Samantha be jealous of you and your rugrat friend. We all know you're just rebounding." She turned to me. "She's going to drop you like hot mess once she realizes what a mistake she's made. It's not your fault, honey. You just don't fit in."

I was struck speechless. I had been called many names because of my position, but never before had something hit me so hard. It felt like I had been punched in the stomach.

Anissa smiled in triumph once she realized the impact she'd made on me, but Martha came to my rescue. "Anissa, can you please move your scary fat ass from in front of our faces? You look like a pumpkin threw up on you." She stood and picked up her purse. Facing Samantha, she said, "Samantha, don't come near me again or you'll be sorry. My lips aren't fully sealed and certain things may... slip out. Come on, Lyanne, let's go." 

I got up silently and followed Martha out the door, numbness spreading throughout my body.

When we made it to Martha's car that she parked in an alleyway, she turned to me, put her hands on my shoulders and looked into my eyes. "Lyanne, do not listen to them. They only try to hurt and destroy people. You are my best friend and I love you like a sister." Tears welled up in her eyes, shocking me out of my pity party. Martha never cried. "You're the first real friend I ever had since-" A sob caught in her throat and I pulled her into a hug, smoothening her hair with my hand.

"Shh... It's okay, I didn't believe her." I whispered comforting words into her ear as she sobbed into my neck, effectively soaking my thin sweater. Gradually, her sobs subsided into small hiccups and she pulled away from me.

Her eyes were rimmed with red and tracks of mascara ran down her face. I smiled weakly at her and handed her a crumpled tissue from my pocket. She wiped her face and cleared her throat before speaking. "Thanks for that and I'm sorry about your sweater. I'll buy you a new one."

"It's okay, you don't have to."

"I want to. Have I ever told you what happened between Samantha and I?"

"No." I said, "And you don't have to. It's your business."

"But you're my best friend and I don't want there to be any secrets between us. Let's go sit in the car."

When we were seated comfortably in the car, her in the driver's seat staring straight ahead and I in the passenger seatr, she began.

"It was two years ago..."

**********************

Sorry guys but I always wanted to do a cliffhanger.

 Vote, Comment and Follow and the updates will come in. Tell me what you think will happen, any mistakes or what should be better. Just don't be too harsh.

I've decided to do Questions Of The Day, so please participate.

QOTD: Who is your favourite author?

Mine is currently Cassandra Clare.

#Clace

#Wessa 

<3 you guys. Now I need sleep so byeeeee!!!!!!!!