Chapter two: Caiden

He smiles and runs up to me. "astrid what are you doing here?" he asks in a concerned but happy tone. "just going to therapy yanno" I responded nervously. He didn't give me that concerned look everybody else gives me. He gave me that look of wow I'm glad she's getting better.

"after your therapy we need to go get some coffee and catch up" he said excitedly

"I'd love that" i responded with a real smile.

I went in for my therapy session, but I didn't mention to my therapist that Caiden is back because she'd only make me stay away from him. Everyone thinks he's the problem. That he's the reason why I'm like this, but he's not. He makes the most happiest person in the world. He's my best friend.

I told my mom I was going to meet up with my friend Adeline after therapy. I got into Caiden's car and in the back he had a bunch of suitcases. I understand he's out of town and needs to bring his belongings but there was a BUNCH of suitcases almost like he was moving. I didn't want to question him. He hates questions.

We arrive at the coffee shop

"How's life?" he asks
"pretty shitty ever since you left" I say shrugging
"What's up with the therapy?" He asked
Ever how much he hates questions he loves asking them
"I had a mental breakdown six months ago" I say with no emotion at all and continue drinking my coffee. he looks at me with sad eyes.

3 p.m-
After Caiden took me home I just sat on my bed crying my eyes out. I get up to wash my face and I hear my phone vibrate. it was Caiden texting me.

Caiden-
hey I know things were a bit awkward today, but know you will always be my little astrid.

I left him on read

Caiden-
Astrid come on you act like I'm a stranger.

Astrid-
Pick me up tomorrow faggot

11 p.m-
I'm trying to sleep but I can't seem to figure out if I want to tell him how I feel or not. My heart has been exploding with feelings. It's only his first day back and I feel like such a mess.

4 p.m-
He picks me up at a park nearby my house so my mom doesn't know he's back. We go to this lake we use to always hang out at when we were kids.

"Astrid what happened six months ago?" he asked
"You left" I said looking away.

He grabbed me

"Astrid I'm sorry it's just you know my dad. Look I thought I lost you. Honestly six months and we already don't communicate what is up with that?"

I start to have anxiety. He feels my heart beating faster and faster. This isn't the first time he has seen me like this before so he holds me and tells me it'll be okay.

"I fucking love you dude." I say as I get up and walk away