Chapter three: Adeline

"What do you mean you love me?" he said
"I fucking love you Caiden" I started crying
He hugged me
"don't do this to me" he whispered
"do what" I said loudly
"Astrid we can't be together and you know that"

I started to cry even more.

"Even if we can't be together. How do you feel about me?" I said as I looked him into his big brown tired eyes.

"Astrid there is no such thing as loving someone as a friend or as a girlfriend you simply just love someone. It all depends on how you see someone and what places in a relationship you're willing to go to with that person."

of course he'd say something hella wise to throw me off.

"I need to go." I said as I got up
"I'll take you" he insisted
but I didn't let him

I got home and my mom was home. Smoking cigs and staring blankly at the wall. i walked to my room and got a call from my friend Adeline.

"Astrid oh my gosh I miss you!" she said excitedly
"I miss you too Addie"

Addie and I have always been close. Right now she's in Peru. Her and I are the complete opposite but manage to still have a great understanding friendship. She's happy, bright, and her family is whole. I'm sad,dull, and my family is broken.

"okay what's wrong astrid"
"Caiden's back"
"oh no..."
-calls ends-
I looked at my phone in confusion. I guess we lost signal. not to long after I hear my mom calling me into the living room. I walk and I'm surprised with a big hug from Adeline. I really needed it.

My mom let me spend a night at Adeline's house. we were catching up on everything. I felt a little bit better. Then I got a text from Caiden

Caiden-
I fucking love you too man

Astrid-
Couldn't have said that earlier ?

Caiden-
salty much?

I left him on read and Adeline was looking at me the whole time, but we didn't talk about it.

Later that night I woke up and Adeline wasn't next to me. I heard talking outside her window. I got up and peaked outside the window and it was Adeline. She was talking to Caiden. Her and Caiden were never friends they were only acquaintances.

"Caiden she almost killed herself five months ago you know that right" I heard Adeline say
"pretty obvious from the scars on her arms"
"you can't hurt her even more I won't let you"
"I can't just leave her again"

I laid back down and sighed. I can't deal with this right I really can't. I went back to sleep and woke up to Adeline hovering over me.
"wake up we have a whole day ahead of us!" she said with her big smile

I got up and ready. Black shirt, black pants, black shoes as always. I walked into Adeline's kitchen. she looked at me up and down.
"okay please you have a nice ass and big tits and you're not showing it off?" she said laughing
"and you have no ass but yet still try showing it off" I said jokingly

We ate breakfast and went to the mall. Adeline goes shopping as I help her. As we hang in the food court Adeline gets caught up with some cute boys. She's not a slut trust me she just had a charm.

I sit there sipping my Water. I look down and when I look back up there's Caiden smiling at me.
"Oh no" I say angrily
"let's get out of here" he said grabbing my hand
"can't I'm here with Adeline"

Adeline makes her way back to the table. I see the disappointed face she gives Caiden but covers it with a smile.

"Is it okay if I steal astrid from you?'" Caiden asks Adeline
"Uhm no" Adeline says in a salty way

they continue bickering at each other, but then I get a call from my mom

"Astrid come home now" she says quickly and hangs up