Where it all began 1

Jayda

One day I was walking home from school and when I started walking on my block I seen firefighters in front of someone's house. I thought of it as nothing, when I walked closer I noticed that it was MY HOUSE that they were in front of. My heart began to race, as I sped up to the curb and dropped my bag on the floor. A paramedic stopped me and asked if I lived here or if I knew anybody that did. I said yes and that this was my house and frantically asked what was going on.

I suddenly began to think that my brother's drug game finally caught up to him and he was now paying for it. I was wrong. It was my mother. My mother was on her way to the hospital because she had leukemia and it was too late for treatment, there was nothing that we can do to help because it was already so serious. My vision became blurry and my hearing began to fade. I started breathing fast and all I seen was black.

This couldn't be happening...

I woke up in a hospital bed with needles in my arm, and I was hooked up to a machine. I sat up and looked to my left and seen my brother staring at me. "What?" I said with an obvious attitude. I didn't like when people stared at me for to long and he knew it. He chuckled and sat up in his seat, "you know I always thought you was just like momma. Y'all are stubborn as hell, mean as heck and have the same "I don't give a fuck" attitude.", he said. I smiled a bit and asked him why I was in here. His face fell and he frowned.

"I got a call saying you and momma are in here, momma has leukemia and you passed out when you found out how severe it was." he said slowly.. I looked up at my only brother. The only sibling I had. I've never seen him cry and I really didn't want too but he looked like he was about to burst into tears any minute. My eyes started to gloss. "Can we go see her?", I barely said above a whisper. Yeah he replied. He helped me out of bed and we started walking down the hall and we came to a stop. I didn't think we would be this close.

Major (her brother) grabbed her hand and opened the door. Laying there with so many needles in her body was my mother. The lady I grown to love over the 16 years I've lived. I squealed at the sight. I turned away. I couldn't see my only mom like this. Major pulled me inside. Now we were standing over her. I wasn't aware that my mother was infected with this disease which only made it worse. It was already hard enough to cope with the possible idea that she might die but knowing that she didn't tell me only made my time to say goodbye even shorter.

"Momma why didn't you tell me!?" I started to cry. "Why would you keep this away from me. WHY?". I put my head on her thigh. I felt her put her hand on my head. She started to rub my head. "I didn't want you to worry baby, I didn't want to put so much on you." she said weakly. I got up from her thigh and looked at her.

I said okay and told her that I forgave her. A few minutes went by and there was nothing but silence. "I want you two to know that I love you, and there is nothing that I wouldn't have done for you guys. " she said weakly. No this couldn't be goodbye. "Momma no!" I said. "PLEASE!" I screamed. She coughed loudly. "I love you too!" me and Major said at the same time.

"This isn't goodbye. I'll always be there, i'm always watching." She coughed one last time and the line went dead. I started crying and screaming. This couldn't be happening to me. WHY ME!? I dropped to the floor and started crying.

She was gone.