Chapter Six- Seeing Myself

"Sorry," she said, "if bases are the same, add the exponents" I then got a text from Brad, "she's so gorgeous, why don't you be nicer to her? It's all your fault that she's crying right now."

"How?" I ask.

"Well it was you that stole and maxed out her credit card, wasn't it"

"What?! No! I would never! Where did you hear that?"

"She told everyone that on her twitter page yesterday, didn't you see? She's texting her mom right now who's probably grounding her right now."

"Ugh" I reply. The bell rings, and not a moment too soon. Ashleigh runs out in tears. As much as I wanted to go comfort her, I just couldn't. Not after all she's done to me. I run to the front foyer to find Beth. I needed to explain why I was late, and everything that's been going on. I can't be totally alone, and she's the only person who I can trust with anything, except for my parents. Scratch that, she's the only person who I can trust.

I see her waiting for me.

Ashleigh

I can't believe it, I have a sister. My mom isn't my mom, everything's a lie. I run to my locker, open it and drop my notebook inside. My head is pounding, with a million thoughts, my blonde hair gets caught on the hook. I yank it off, and I find myself spinning. Not again! I don't understand, I then see that I'm standing in the front foyer listening to Beth what's-her-face.

"Oh my gosh, are you sure? It can't be!" She blurts out in my face.

"What on earth are talking about?" I interrupt. "And why are you talking to me?" I roll my eyes, but something's not right. I look to my left, and see that I now have brown side bangs, hanging over my eye.

"Because we're best friends? What's gotten into you?" Beth asks me.

Confused, I tried to ignore. I find my hands un-willingly fly over my mouth. What has gotten into me?

I turn around, and see myself. I don't understand, although that's not unusual.

I walk over to my locker, and try to ask myself what I was doing. It sounds complicated, and it was. What was even weirder, was that I didn't respond. Blonde-haired me, with no bangs, just stared blank faced.

I walk over to Kirra. She's the nicest person in the school. I didn't know who to talk to, so I figured she would help me. Although she's a bit strange, and obsessed with monkeys, and I hate to admit it, I've always regretted not being friends with her. She's someone who could be there for anyone. She's smart, pretty, and calm in all situations. I don't think I've ever seen her upset with anyone.

"Kirra, I need your help..."

"Oh hey, Jessica right?" She asks with a charming little smile.

"Umm, no. I'm Ashleigh," I reply.

"Ashleigh Oliver, no you're not!" she laughs. "Good one, you're definitely Jess from math class. Are you okay? People have been spreading rumours about you all day."

"This cannot be happening!" I shout.

"You're acting really weird, maybe you should go home." She suggests.

I calm myself down, and eventually explain the situation to her.

"Wow" she begins. "I'd hate to tell you that I don't believe you, so instead I'll tell you that it sounds like a severe case of twin-telepathy to me." She explains.

If that loser Jessica is my sister, or even worse, my twin, I'm going to flip my lid. I'm glad Kirra can help, but it feels like the worst nightmare.

As much as I'd hate to admit it, I think I need to talk to Jessica. As a friend, she won't believe me, or want anything to do with my, but I'm going to drive myself crazy otherwise.

End of Part Six-Seeing Myself

But I would like to wish monkeylover011      

a very happy billeted birthday. I'm sorry I couldn't update it for you sooner, so I hope I made it up to you. ;)