~1~ Flash to the Past

~Adrain~

I've been shoved to the floor, called a fairy, even had my locker painted pink with the word fag written on it. The school turned a blind eye, even going as far to blame me for vandalizing it and charged me for it.

This was in my junior year of high school. Theres no way I was going to let them do it this year, the next person who would try and do anything to me was going to pay. Im not going to hold back this year like I did last year, holding everything inside my anger and pain not this year. I hold the bottle of spray paint in my hand as I stare at my locker I tie the bandana around my face and paint it black.

Since I came back to school and painted my locker no one bothered to fuck with me anymore. Such a shame to I wanted to let loose a little. I did learn some fun stuff over the summer just for them. I grew by half a foot now I stand at 6'2 got stronger too. I'll have to thank my brother for always taking me to his wrestling practices to spar. Let's see anyone call me a fucking fairy now. To think all this happened just because someone who I thought was my best friend back stabbed me.

To think two weeks into summer when my mom takes me and my brother on the usual summer fun time at the condo for awhile I met someone who basically changed everything for me. I met her while skateboarding she actually got pretty pissed at me cause I crashed in to her and made he drop her chili cheese fries. Making me find out the hard way to never mess with the girl's food. I remember it well.

~Flash back~

Back at New Port every year during the summer mom forces Chris and I to have fun. Can't really have much fun with her basically yelling at us to do so. I wake up before anyone taking my skateboard out for a ride just to get away from her. As long as she thinks Im out having fun shell leave me alone. With the smell of the ocean and sound of the waves crashing I was at peace. While riding my mind wondering to thoughts of my now ex best friend. Why did he do it? I didnt think my sexuality was such a big deal. I feel my board jerking backwards, launching me forward successfully snapping me out of my thoughts expecting to hit hard pavement I wait. But instead of crashing concrete I land on what feels almost like a small pillow. I look down to see a small woman underneath me saving me from the pavement. Scrambling off her as fast as I can. Without thinking I just keep repeatedly apologizing to her.

"Quit apologizing already fuck last thing I expected this morning was to be hit by some fucking kid who doesn't know how to pay attention. You just made me lose my breakfast damnit." I look to the side of her and see a plate of chili cheese fries splattered on the ground.

My eyes went wide with shock she seemed to be so mad. I messed up so much even this stranger hates me and she doesnt even know me god whats wrong with me! Is everyone I meet now just suddenly going to hate me because they can tell Im not normal. I lost my best friend. My entire school now hates me I just had to keep it hidden another year but no I had to tell him.

"Don't fucking cry, it just shows weakness and you aren't weak you just haven't unlocked your own strength yet." I was thrown back. I hadnt realized I was crying until she said it, I raised a shaky hand to my face feeling the wet spots. Her words were unexpected I thought she would have just walked away or continued to yell at me for hitting her. Her words were almost encouraging in a sense.

You're right" I mumbled more to myself then to her really

"Tell me something I don't know" She's arrogant.

"Well my names Adrian you didn't know that" She gave me this crazy smile it kind of creeped me out.

"Smartass, well Adrian my names Ariana but you can call me Alpha."

"Why Alpha?" there's that smile again.

"Well Adrian that's what everyone at the club calls me how about I take you and show you around?" Let's see go back and deal with my moms nagging or go to a club with a person I just met who calls herself alpha?

"Ok sure what kind of club is it? " and the Cheshire cat grin is back!

"Oh, you'll see, now come on" I didnt realize how this one decision would change my life

Just quick little footnote here Alpha is non-binary but since Adrian didn't know at first he uses she/her to describe them in his memories