Chapter 1

Focusing on what's important. That's what my father always says. As if my dreams of becoming a musician isn't an important matter. He doesn't really care about music; or pretty much everything I care about. But he's my dad. Even if I tried, I can't change his mind.

I was nine when my mom suddenly lost her mind. I never thought I'd see the day. We were such a happy family. No sign of distress or problems. I wouldn't call it a perfect family. But it was a magical time and it ended too soon.

My grandmother decided to take care of mom while she's "getting better" but I know she won't be. Not anymore. That's when I saw my father's true nature. He made the lives of his three children a living hell. There was never room for any errors or mistakes; even for a child like me. So I grew up to be a barbie doll. I should always look perfect, from the posture to the look of my hair has to look flawless. And my grades should not go down to a B. My dad said it's the key to a better college and a better life. At the age of fourteen, I already in a lot of preassure. Yes my dad has issues. But I guess that's just how things were supposed to be.

But there is one place where I can express my true self. The magic of the internet. For you see, I am a fangirl. An Enchancer to be exact. An Enchancer is a fandom supporting an american artist named Greyson Chance. He is amazing. His songs are a true masterpiece. He played the piano in a mesmerizing way. I am in love with him. But no one can know about it; especially my dad.

I was reading the latest headlines about him in hollybuzz. His "I hope it's you" song snippet just went viral. Man he always the media something to feast on. The song was fantastic. His voice is angelic, as always. If only he'd made us listen for a small while, it was worth it.

I just wish there is some way I could meet him. And I don't have to hide my secret to everyone.