Chapter 6: Guess I am taking the couch...again.

*Jessie's POV*

punch.

crack.

punch.

crack.

kick.

crack.

The release of anger was like an addictive drug, something that I knew was bad but at the same time felt like I was on cloud nine. I'm not usually this ruthless, however, something within me today ignited flames that I hadn't felt for a long time now.

Within a matter of seconds 'The Terminator' was knocked out cold.

The sound of everyone chanting my name was to some degree satisfying.

Tonight I was showing no mercy towards the dumb a*s that decided he wanted to call himself undefeated, yet not have ever competed against me.

Sometimes I thrive for the fight, other times I just do it, because of the money involved. Earlier I said that I used to do it to support the family and now I don't have a reason. I was lying. I know why I do it, and sometimes I wish that I didn't have to think about the actual reason as to why.

I fight because what happens if my 'step-dad' throws us out on the street and we have no money, as well as nowhere to go. I saved it all. Whatever money I make from the fights, I hide in my room so that if something does ever happen, mum, Promise and aren't in a rutt.

This idea only came to me, when I saw the mess that we were in when Dad went 'missing', mum becomes to depend on her spouse and it doesn't end well for any of us.

Especially now that I know my 'step-father' is conjuring something in that psycho mind of his.

And to be completely honest I sometimes feared what he was capable of. I NEVER wanted anything to happen to Promise or mum, they were the only two people other than Colton who I held so close to my heart, that if anything were to happen I would never forgive myself, eventually go insane, and perhaps if I'm lucky get put into mental care.

Ignoring everyone around me, especially the few girls that were there, throwing themselves at me, I sauntered to the change room.

I had a quick shower and got dressed. The time on my phone reading 12:30 am, and 10 missed calls from Colton, my now steady heart rate began to increase. I didn't know why I was so on edge today, but I think it is just because of the stress of school and life in general. I hated this feeling though.

I exit the change room and make my way to the glass protected desk to collect my money.

Titan, my manger was waiting behind the desk "Son you did me proud tonight, god damn proud!" he spoke coming up to me, giving me a light smack on the shoulder.

Titan, was the only man in my life that acted as a somewhat 'fatherly' figure. He was there for me when everything with my dad went down, helped me get money in a short amount of time to support my family. He wasn't like the other 'street' people, he understood, knew what I needed and wasn't a f*cken assh*le. He also never took any of the tips or money that I earned.

"Thanks man" I replied a small smirk replacing my concerned look.

"You made good money, one thousand bucks!" he said chuckling gruffly.

"Fuck yes! Hand it over man!" I replied

After he gave me the money, we said our goodbye's and as I make my way outside, I call Colton seeing as he seemed pretty adamant on speaking with me.