Chapter one: War

When I was a child I used to think the world was full of joy and peace, that I would find a husband and live happily ever after, like in the fairytales my mother used to read to me, as a child.

I didn't know that there was bad in the world, or horrid people but most of all the word war. I was ten, when the war had started, when the bombing and fighting had begun.

Flashback to six years ago...........

The walls crumbled above us as more bombs were set off.
"Mum I'm scared," my ten year old self called out, my voice quiet and raspy.
"I don't want you to be scared, I want you to be my brave little girl," my mums hand tightened around my own. Tears threatened to fall from her tired eyes as she whispered something to my older brother Xen. Xen grabbed my other hand as my mum loosened hers.
"Mum where are we going?" I asked, petrified of what was happening.
"I love you," my mum squeezed my hand before I got pulled away from her.
"Mum," I screamed.
"Keep on running and don't stop!" Xen yelled over the noise of screams which could be heard from a mile away.
Our house crumbled away, my mum dead, warm tears fell down my cold cheeks as my world started to fall apart.

Flashback finished.......

"Ellen, we're leaving. Come on." Xen was packing up our tent, as I stood up. I wiped the dirt off of my jeans, and followed my brother towards the rest of the group.

We walked for hours, and came upon no food to eat. We were all starving, no one had had a proper meal for weeks now, and everyone was becoming weaker and weaker.

I came to an abrupt stop as I fell to my knees, to tired to go any further. Bile came up my throat, and I vomited out the only thing I had eaten that day, two berries. Xen bolted over to me, "Ellen are you ok?" He questioned, concerned.
"Yeah, just tired" I lied, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.

He reached his hand out and I took it gratefully. We kept on walking, me leaning against Xen and him leading the way.
After the second time I stopped, Xen lifted me up and carried me. I fell asleep at the strike of midnight, only to be awaken an hour later by horrendous screams of agony.

---------------------------
Hey guys it's HalliSmile here, I know this is a short chapter but I just wanted to know if you liked it or not. Also go check out my knew shared account with StefanKudra and Amacutiepie which is called Time_Shift_Paradox.

-Halli