Bonus chapter: The Jovinki Shippers within Smosh Games

A/N: You guys are honestly awesome. Thanks for sticking with me through this!

On a special note, Joven and Sohinki finally formed a two-player team in Blindfolded Super Mario Maker! (Game Bang)! Horray!

I would like to give a shoutout to @AnnabelleLYN_R5, who has written a wonderful analysis of this video which breaks down all the Jovinki moments you need to know about. This analysis is in her fic Sohinki X Anyone really One Shots in the chapter Jovinki-The Day We've Been Waiting For!!!.

_______________________________________________________________________

I mentioned in chapter 1 that Joven's avatar blew Sohinki's avatar a kiss in Breaking Bad in GTA (Grand Theft Smosh). What I didn't point out was the fact that Flitz pitched in by saying, "That was so cute..."

There have been many moments that show that Joven and Sohinki are shipped by the other members of Smosh Games. This is the chapter where I celebrate these moments.

Flitz is definitely the most obvious Joven/Sohinki shipper out of all of them. He was the first one to say their pairing name, Jovinki, on the channel (during Exploding Kittens Finale (Game Bang) at 4:56) and has added his two cents into several Jovinki moments. One such moment is, of course, when he said that the kiss Joven blew to Sohinki was cute. Yet Flitz trailed off as though he wasn't sure that they would be OK with what he was implying. What's interesting is that this moment occurred around two months after Sohinki said that Joven was cute in We Steal Sh*t in Thief!; which, as described in previous chapters, was one of the first moments in which Sohinki was outright about his affection towards Joven in the presence of others. Flitz may have picked up on two things in that moment: Sohinki's affection for Joven and that he wasn't open about it in the presence of others. The former explains Flitz finding the kiss cute and the latter explains Flitz trailing off as he said so.

Another Jovinki moment that Flitz put his two cents into was in Blindfolded Super Mario Maker! (Game Bang). After Sohinki said that he was bad at Mario (at 2:46), Flitz pointed out that, "(It's) not very try-hardy of you at all." Flitz is referring to Sohinki's role in the group as the resident try-hard. Flitz's tone of voice indicates that this kind of admission is not an often occurrence – quite rare, in fact. The implication here is that Sohinki is completely deviating from the norm (ie. being a complete try-hard). And what could he possibly be deviating from the norm for?

Joven, that's what.

It's just like how Sohinki let Joven pick the games they played; Sohinki not being try-hardicus (and openly, without a care, at that) shows that Joven is special.

So Flitz knows that there's something more with Joven and Sohinki; in other words, he knows what's up.

Mari also knows what's up. In Dirty Secrets in Adult Loaded Questions (Game Bang), the first question for lightning round is, "Who would you hate to be thinking about during a fantasy?" after which it is revealed that Sohinki and Joven answered each other (14:30). The next shot in the video is a close-up shot of Mari saying that, "I feel like the fact that you guys wrote each other immediately might of maybe perhaps thought of each other before." She's implying that maybe it's precisely because they like each other so much that they don't want to think about the other. This links back to the concept of simultaneously wanting to be close to and run away from someone that you really like, which was covered in chapter 3. This is supported by both Joven and Sohinki's reactions; Joven says, "No, next question, next question, next question" as though Mari's hitting too close to home; Sohinki smiles and nods as though he agrees with Mari's statement.

Remember how Joven and Sohinki likened themselves to romantic things in pop culture, which was covered in previous chapters? Well, Mari does it too.