Percy Jackson: A Night at the Big House

Authors note: lots Of Proves and you should read The Battle of the Labyrinth first…maybe? Rick Riordan’s characters well most of the time.

Percy’s POV

For once, one of my dreams weren’t life threatening and, about the Gods. My dream was of a quest me and my friends went on earlier that summer. I was back on Mount St. Helens. I was running because I needed to find Annabeth and, tell her to get out of here, it wasn’t safe. She was out there some where invisible.

 I stopped at the platform in the center of the lava lake, “Annabeth!” I yelled, worried.

“Shhhh! An invisible hand clapped over my mouth and wrestled me down behind a big bronze cauldron. This was way too familiar. I wanted to say ‘Hold up, done this before.’ But I couldn’t even speak let alone move if this was a dream it seemed real.

“You want to get us killed?” I found her head and took off her Yankees cap. Annabeth semiarid into existence in front of me scowling her face streaked with ash and grime.

“Percy what’s your problem?” She stared at me like what in the Hades are you doing.

“We’re going to have company.” I explained quickly about the monster orientation class.

Her eyes widened, “So that’s what they are,” she said, “Telekines! I should’ve known and their making well look.” We peaked over the cauldron. In the center of the platform stood four sea demons but, these were fully grown at least eight feet tall. Their black skin glistened in the fire light as they worked. Sparks flying as they took turns hammering on a long peace of glowing hot metal. I knew what it was and wanted to look away but, my dream body kept looking not even knowing yet that it was Krono’s sickle. I spaced out as they mumbled the things that still hunted my mind.

I came back to earth when Annabeth nodded, “We have to get out.” No sooner had she said that. Then, the door to the class room exploded and young Telekines came pouring out. They stumbled over each other trying to figure out which way to charge. I knew what was going to happen next.

“Put your cap back on,” I said, “get out!”

“What, Annabeth shrieked. No, I’m not leaving you.” Was it me or, did Annabeth look really hot saying that.

I’ve got a plan, I’ll distract them. You can use the metal spider maybe it’ll lead you back to Hephaestus. You have to tell him what’s going on.”

“But you’ll be killed!” She said with a concerned look. I thought no I’ll be fine just almost obliterated and thrown off the Mountain to a peaceful island, but fine.

“I’ll be fine besides we have no choice.” I knew what was coming next but, obviously my dream body didn’t. ‘I wanted to tell myself dude kiss her back!’ But, I knew I couldn’t. Just as she was leaning in closer...closer. About two inches apart my dream escaped me. There was a loud knock on my door.

I bolted up right in my bunk, “I was so close and it felt so real.” I said sighing. I jumped from my bunk and walked/slumped to the door. This better be good. I opened the door to reveal Grover out of breath.

“What’s up G man?” I groaned wiping my eyes.

“Chiron wants all the campers to meet near the archery range. As soon as possible and, it’s very important. Come on!” He replied quickly. I stared at him in disbelief.

“Ok, I said, let me get some shoes on.” I went back inside my cabin; put on my flip-flops and walked with Grover to the archery range. On the way Grover stared down at me.