Super Humans (4b)

Author's Note - A totally frivolous entry for Round 4 - a better one will (hopefully) be forthcoming...

Prompt quotations are in bold.

"I need your help, Clark," said the man clutching his arm. "Your help to join the Superhero club."

"And by help, you mean money and counsel, and not a suit powered by... dwarf star alloy that fires lasers at people?"

"Nah, I've already got one of those- it's not as much use as you might think... but seriously, what I need is an introduction, a sponsor if you like."

Clark looked him up and down, curling a lip at the casual jeans and teeshirt. "And a suit, you need a proper costume- you can't wear that."

He reached into the wardrobe and pulled out a dark grey three piece suit.

Bruce took a step back, his eyes widening in horror. "I wouldn't be seen dead in that! haven't you got anything else? Something with a bit more pizzazz?"

"Well, what would you prefer? Yellow spandex?"

Bruce's eyes brightened. "Have you got one of those?"

Clark rolled his eyes. "Of course not! I was just joking."

Bruce glared. "Tell me, do you bleed..? You will."

"Now, now," soothed Clark, "no need to get your knickers in a knot." He turned back to the cupboard. "Just let me see what I've got in here... What the hell? I thought I'd got rid of this ages ago." He held up a suit of armour. "One thing's for sure, Zod won't be back to claim it." He chuckled and turned it to instant ash with his laser vision, sending Bruce into a coughing fit from the fumes.

"A warning, Clark, the next time you feel like showing off- don't," sputtered Bruce, tears streaming from his eyes.

Clark glared back. "What you want? A cookie? Get the hell out of my face."

Clark dived into his cupboard one last time and drew out a costume made entirely of black leather. "This is my final offer. Take it or leave it."

"I'll take it!" said Bruce quickly before Clark could change his mind. His hand stroked lovingly over the sleek surface and he stepped into the costume, pulling it up tightly around his body. He smiled at his reflection in Clark's full length mirror.

"Cool! Okay, Superman, let's go kick some ass!"