Chapter 7

We picked Kim up from school then got ice cream. She was confused as to why I was with him, but at the same time she was happy. Plies dropped us off at his house while he went to handle business. Kim asked me to braid her hair. Her hair came down to the middle of her back. I used weave to do singles in her hair so that it holds.

"Do you like my brother?"

That question took me by surprise.

"Maybe. Why do you ask?"

"He likes you. He's never lets a female get close to me. I don't understand why. He doesn't tell me anything."

"He has his reasons."

"I'm sure he does. It's just..."

"What?"

"He acts more like a father than a big brother."

"Yeah he does, but it's only because he wants to protect you. Give him some time. I'll talk to him too."

"Thanks. Hey I'm hungry."

It was 6:00.

"After I finish your hair I'll cook dinner and we can bake Brownies."

"With caramel in it?"

"Sure."

At 8 I was completely done. She loved it so we went to cook. We decided on fried chicken, broccoli covered in melted cheese, and loaded mashed potatoes. While she stirred the Brownie mix I went down to the corner store to get caramel sauce and chocolate chips. After making sure she locked the door and had her phone with her I left. I grabbed the items we needed and some juice then went to the counter. After paying I began walking back to their house.

"Wassup sexy?"

I turned to look at 3 guys. They were cute, but I wasn't interested.

"Bitch I know you hear me."

I ignored them. Instead of fear I felt safe in a strange way. I walked to the front of Plies house. He was on the porch with the usual guys and some hoes.

"I thought you were inside."

Plies said moving a girl off his lap.

"I went to the store to get some stuff."

The 3 guys that were following me looked at Plies and Plies stared at them then they pulled off and I walked in. I handed Kim the stuff then began spraying the pan so the food didn't stick. I heated the oven then Kim placed the batter in the pan and put it in the oven.

"Ay Kim let me talk to Paula for a few."

Plies said walking in. She went upstairs to her room and I began cleaning up the kitchen.

"Paula.."

"Yeah?"

"Are you mad?"

"I'm not ya girl."

I turned the stove off so the food didn't burn. The kitchen smelled delicious.

"I want you to be."

"You have a lot going on. Besides we barely know each other."

"I shared a part of my life with you that nobody knows about."

"I thank you for that. You chose to do that though."

"I did. I feel like we can be good together though. Although we may not know each other a lot that's what makes our relationship good. We can get to know each other."

"How do you even know I like you?"

He walked over to me wrapping his arms around me. I melted into them.