Chapter 4

Plies went upstairs and I followed, going into Kim's room. She was feeling better and ready to go. I went to Plies room where he was laid across his bed looking at the ceiling.

"Kim is ready to go and I don't have a car."

I looked down. After a few seconds he sighed then walked over to his dresser. There were at least 5 different car keys. He handed me 1 of them.

"You got ya license right?"

"Yeah."

"Take care of my car and my sister. Bring it back on a full gas tank."

"I'll do all 3. Which keys are these to."

"Bentley GT. Red and black. It's in the garage."

My jaw dropped.

"Are you sure?"

He looked at me with an annoyed look then took the keys back. He tossed them in a drawer.

"Little kids man."

He shook his head. I looked at him with a hand on my hip and a raised eyebrow.

"Excuse you?"

"Obviously if I gave you the keys then I was sure. Damn bitch you slow or something?"

I slapped him and he looked at me.

"Keep disrespecting me motherfucker. I do you a favor by taking care of ya lil sister while you run the fucking streets. I play that role for HER because she needs a female in her life. I'm sorry about ya mom, but you will NOT keep fucking disrespecting me. You don't fucking know me Plies!"

I stormed out his room into Kim's. She was sitting on her bed with a sad look on her face. I knew she heard us. I sighed and sat next to her. She cried on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that sweetie."

She ended up crying herself to sleep. I closed her door behind me after grabbing my purse. I left her a note that I was going to Walgreens to get her a few things. I proceeded out the door and Plies was on the porch smoking with his friends. I put my shades on as I walked down the stairs. I walked to the corner store where the bus stop was. A guy approached me. He was tall, maybe 6 feet something.

"How you doing beautiful?"

His voice sounded familiar. That's when I knew it was my ex Trey.

"Trey?"

He took a closer look at me.

"Paula?"

I looked him up and down. Damn he looked good. He finally cut his braids and got a few tats. He was no longer scrawny, still skinny but he definitely had a body. He was fresh to death too.

"What you doing here?"

He asked breaking me out of my trance.

"Mom moved here about 3 weeks ago. I live right there."

I said pointing to my house across the street.

"Word? Damn girl the years have been good to you."

"Same for you. How's mama?"

"I wouldn't know. She kicked me out when I became a dealer."

I was shocked. Trey always swore he wouldn't turn to the streets.

"Trey.."

"I don't need a lecture. Times got hard. Real hard."

I nodded understandingly.

"The streets though?"

He looked away then back at me.

"You wouldn't understand. You've had shit handed to you ya whole fucking life."

I shook my head. He had no clue.

"You have no clue what I went through after ya moved away."

I saw the bus coming. It stopped in front of me.

"No fucking clue."

I said as I stepped on the bus paying my fare and sitting down.

*LATER*

I got off the bus after buying Kim a few things. I walked back to Plies house and he was doing the same thing as before. I called Kim letting her know I was outside. It was about 3:00.

"Wassup baby?"

I turned to look at some scrub. He looked bummy and his breath stank. I didn't say anything to him as Kim came outside. I handed her the 3 Walgreens bags and she went inside. I turned to leave when I felt someone grab my hand. I looked at the diamond watch.

"Let go of me Plies."

"Let me talk to you shawty."

"Nothing for us to talk about and I'm not ya shawty."

I pulled away from him, but he put his arm around my waist.

"Just lemme holla at you."

He guided me into his house and up to his room. He closed the door and I stood there with my arms folded.

"What do you-"

He kissed me. I tasted the weed, but I didn't care. I dropped my purse as he walked us backwards and we fell on his bed with him on top. He continued kissing me.

"I want you Kita."

I pushed him off.

"Seriously Plies? Another bitches name?"

"We not together anyway. I just wanted to get a taste. You're still the same bitch-"

I smacked him hard across the face. He slammed me up against the wall making a picture crash to the floor.

"You're gunna stop putting ya fucking hands on me bitch."

He said through clenched teeth.

"Fuck you bitch nigga get the fuck off me!"

He looked at me then backhanded me. I slowly turned to look at him with my palm on my face. It stung. I slowly took my hands away then punched him in his eye as hard as I could. Next thing I know we're fighting. He showed no mercy at the fact that I'm a female. He was fucking me up, but I held my ground. Paula Hellens wasn't no punk bitch!