Break Ins (Ross)

It was your first night in your apartment and it was weird. You went to school across the country from your family, yet you were planning to go back for the summer. But instead you kept your job at the boutique down the street, and decided on some summer courses. And maybe the guy you were seeing for the past four months also made you stay.

I glance at my phone and see that it's two in the morning and you were finally crawling into your bed and saying goodnight to Biology. When you should have been studying for biology, you were locking lips with Ross on the couch.

I shoot Ross a goodnight text knowing he was still awake writing, before snuggling under the quilt my mimi made me when I was kid and closed my eyes. I must have been asleep for barely under an hour when I hear the sound of the couch scratching against the floor, and whisper yelling to follow. I grab my phone and start to dial Ross's number. I stop as I hear the padded footsteps get closer, but stop when someone tells them they've found something.

I quickly tell Ross to call 911 for me before sliding out of my bed and make my way to the bookshelf that pulled out and turned into a smaller closet. I slide the books over where the handle was and open the door quickly. I fix the books covering it and curl up and shut the door with a quiet click.

I feel my phone vibrate against my thigh and see Ross calling me. "Y/N what is going on?" He says panicked in the phone, "I called but I don't know what is happening?"

"There are people in my apartment." I say trying to stay calm, "They're down the hall and-"

"I hear you." I hear a deep voice say on the other side of the bookshelf door.

"Y/N who was that."

"Ross, I-" I hear the person on the other side of the door start to throw the books on the floor looking for the door handle. I silently swear under my breath at me not whispering replies, or even just texting Ross. The door opens and a tall shadow stands towering over me. I feel a grasp on my ankle pulling me out of the closet.

"No please." I cry out as he kneels down and pins me against the old wooden floor.

"You thought you could hide here. We've been hunting this place down since someone bought it." The man says as goosebumps cover my body as I try to escape his tight grip, "Chris I have a present for you."

I hear the sound of boots on the wooden floors that sounded like Ross's yet a tall figure stands in the doorway, "What a beauty." The other guy says walking over to us on the floor and kneels down beside my head. He brushes my hair out of my face as the other guy trails his hands under my shirt.

"Please just-please." I cry trying to push them off of me as I hear the door open and more footsteps. The man's hands stop moving across my stomach, and the other guy's hand rests on top of my mouth.

"You slut." The guy holding me down yells before smacking my cheek with the back of his hand.

I close my eyes and hold onto my face as I feel their grips loosen on me, letting me curl up into a small ball. I listen to the two men banter back and forth and hear the police list of their amendments. I feel a hand rest on my back causing me to flinch and try to crawl away.

"Hey, hey." I hear a familiar voice say in a hushed voice. I open my eyes and look over my shoulder and see Ross kneeling on the floor next to paramedic. I crawl over to him as fast as I could and wrap my arms around his neck, burying my face in the crook of his neck. He holds me tight as I cry about what happened and how I wish he was there. "You're okay now, I won't let anything happen to you." He kept repeating as he rubs my back.

"You're bleeding." He says pulling away enough to get a close look at my cheek, "Let's let this man do his job and then you're coming home with me."

I nod my head fast as I feel his lips protectively against my forehead. I sit in Ross's lap as the paramedic cleans up my cheek and puts three steristrips on my cheek. Ross thanks him before we stand up and walk down the hallway. I see Police officers walking around the mess in my living room and kitchen, causing more tears to well up in my eyes.

The police ask me some questions and I give my statement, feeling Ross's hand comfortably rubbing my lower back.

By the time we get back to the house he shares with the band it's quarter of three, and my mind was racing too fast to even think about sleeping. We walk into the house and see Rocky pouring himself a glass of water in the kitchen.

"I was wondering where you went." Rocky says looking over at us. He stops the joking when he sees me and clenches his jaw, "What happened?"

"A break in, but she's okay." Ross says as if he was trying to tell himself that. "We're going to go to bed."

"Okay." Rocky says with a nod, "Glad you're okay, Y/N."

"Me too." I say as Ross motions for us upstairs. Once the bedroom door is shut tear start pouring out of Ross's eyes.

"I shouldn't have called. I shouldn't have even left you alone on your first night-"

"Hey, baby." I say quietly cradling his face in my hands, "This is none of your fault. They've been planning it and have been waiting it out."

"But I could have protected you, they touched you and-"

"And I'm safe because I'm with you." I say pressing my lips gently against his. He kisses me back after a few seconds and pulls away resting his forehead against mine. We strip down to our underwear and he tosses me a t-shirt to sleep in.

I crawl into the bed and feel his arms wrap around my body. I flinch slightly causing him to start to unwrap his arms. I close my eyes taking in a deep breath. I snuggle back until I feel his chest against my back, "I'm okay."

"You're okay." He says pressing his lips against the back of my neck.