Temper

Elise and Theo spent the morning working together to build the wardrobe. Well, Theo was building the wardrobe and trying not to strangle the admittedly adorable and gorgeous chatterbox next to him.

"Elise." Theo finally said, looking decidedly relieved. "I had a thought. You don't have any other clothes other than what you're wearing now do you? No nightgowns or anything?"

"Well.... not exactly. But I was thinking that when I get to America, I can probably buy some material over there and make some."

"An excellent point that has no logic to it. Your dress, shoes and undergarments will most certainly fall to pieces in the long journey. And while the sailors may appreciate seeing what you truly look like, you won't find any nice company if you have nothing but your skin to wear. Now don't go off on another rant, but listen to me. There's a dear girl. Now, I have a decent amount of material stored here. I was going to set up a tailor's store, but you can use it to make yourself clothing. On the condition that you make it up prettily and fashionably. And that if we go to America together, you'll allow me to say you are my wife."

"Your WHAT?!"

"Wife. I need my reputation as sound as possible, and you need yours perfectly sound to get anywhere in life, so stop looking at me like you want to shave my eyebrows in my sleep and agree."

"I- I- ..... you are the rudest man that I've ever met!  And far too obsessed with your eyebrows."  Elise stalked off in a huff while Theo gazed after her with a bemused expression.

The rest of the day was spent in silence.  Aside from Elise huffing in disgust every few minutes and Theo choking back his laughter.  The wardrobe he was making was finished in a remarkably quick amount of time.  He began to start dinner while Elise finished hemming what appeared to be a chemise.  "That looks lovely.  You're quite the seamstress," he commented.  Elsie pursed her lips and ignored him.  "That was a great conversation," he said brightly.  "We should do that more often."  Elise rolled her eyes and went outside.

"Well Poppy, at least you aren't disgusted with me too."  Poppy got up, and barked at him, before running out the door after Elise.  "I stand corrected, and they're both going to freeze to death.  Women."  And with that, he put the last touches on his soup, and began to make a pot of tea, expecting a half frozen Elise to come through the door after finishing what appeared to be a very dramatic recitation to a tree.  Theo considered yelling something out to her about trees not speaking English, but considering how mad she was already, he didn't want to risk another show of temper. 

Presently Elise came bustling in, dragging a very reluctant and snowy Poppy behind her.  "Oh Theo, I am sorry about being so dreadful earlier."  Elise exclaimed, trying to pull a very stubborn Poppy through the door.  "Oh do help me with this dog of yours!"  Theo took the tea off the stove, and grabbed Elise around the waist.  Together they pulled and finally they got her inside.

Together they sat in the rockers by the fire, and were halfway through their meal when Theo asked "So.  Elise.  Have you thought about our trip?  Most specifically the part where you are my wife?"  Elise looked up and calmly informed him that she had decided to take him up on his offer.

"Wonderful.  And now about the sleeping arrangements and other such things..."