Medusa's secret daughter. Part 2

Callista exhaled a heavy breath, the icy cold air of the temple causing goose bumps to dust her milky white skin. The eerie temple making Callista doubt her strength, "I can choose my own path, and I choose to be a warrior, I choose" Callista whispered to herself, sword still drawn. The small puddles of rubble scattered the floor, fractured and broken pillars threatened to collapse with each of Callista's delicate footsteps. Her armour clinging to her nimble body as fearful as she.
Tiptoeing through the darkened temple Callistas heartbeat roared in her ears.
The eerie silence attacked her like a suffocating cloak capturing her locking her into this temple until she completed her task. Staring around at the beyond black temple Callista felt the shadows glaring at her, mocking her. Then she saw it. The beast. Its head tilted but only slightly, it looked defeated as though she'd given up her fight... "Does she live?" Dry cracked lips mumbled through the silence of the temple. Frozen Callista stared in shock "does she live mortal?" again the lost mumble hollowed her bones shaking her very core.

"You dare to ask questoins! You think you deserve anything you have killed many men in this world. Why should I not cut out your heart to feed to the livestock??" Callistas voice was alot calmer than she felt, allowing all the anger she felt to flow through her, every friend she had lost to this monster, every warrior her village had lost, every son, every father that had been lost. Her father.

Wild anger blinded Callista turned on her toes she lashed out with her shield, catching the beasts arm she tumbled to the floor her mind unable to conceive the speed Callista had. "You killed my father you monster!" She yelled at the beast, her eyes blinded by red "I had no mother and you took my father! He was nothing but a snack to you, but he was my everything!" She hit the beast again blood spattering her shield. Callista took deep breaths trying to calm herself
"Look at me child!" The beast yelled back "I was once a God! You lost your parents, but Gods are brothers, sisters, cousins, friends and parents to us, and I lost all of them..." Callista hit her again, her eyes never looking directly at the beast she was to slay,
"You know nothing about loss! This! This temple is a punishment for a sin you did. I have done nothing to be punished, yet I have been! I am punished for a sin I have not committed, how is this fair? Why am I punished for nothing!? Tell me that oh lonely Goddess! Tell me because I am at a loss!" Her lip quivered at each razor sharp word that left her soft lips. Only seeing the beast out of the corner of her eye Callista couldn't be sure but she thought she saw, a golden band of material across the beasts eyes, but she must be mistaken, she had to be.

A near silent cry whispered its way through the crevasses in the walls and floor, the beasts breathing stopped  she slowly pushed her body towards the entrance of the temple
"Stay there!" Callistas voice boomed through the temple, the very ceiling trying to run from her and her anger, "you hear it dont you. The echo of what was?" The small riddle swam round in Callistas head drowning any of her sense.

 Her long spindly fingers reached for the gaping entrance "too far..." Tilting her head slightly Callista seen a small bundle of shining gold cloth just beyond the entrance of the temple, a child."Stay there." Her stern voice stayed steady thankfully. Keeping the beast in her sights, just, she made her way to the child, sword still drawn and directed at the beast in case she went to attack, careful of her footing Callista kicked small pieces of rubble away from her path getting closer to the small bundle. "It is an illusion. She is no longer there" a sad sigh escaped her pained lips. She? She who? Callistas head spun. Was it a warrior or something. Nothing here made sense.

"I have created entire cities, temples much more beautiful than this hell, but her small gurgles and slight giggles could create worlds in my eyes" as the godess spoke she seemed almost human, her fear rolled off her in waves, her smooth voice like syrup dripping slowly down cavern walls. NO. Callista shook her head hard, she is a monster. A vile, man slaughtering monster!

A/N I know its short, but wanted to upload something for you :) tell me what you think, thanks.