Two Schools Collide

This year is going to be interesting. First I need to tell everyone to call me Jack, I can't wait to tell that to all the teachers and all the students. Second I need to make sure I sit in the back corner of the class every class.

My phone went off making sound bounce through the room, my alarm to go to school.

"Can't wait" I sarcastically said under my breath. I stuffed my phone in the backpack then grabbed it backpack, knocking on my sisters door. "Hey come on, time to go." I said in a soft voice.

My 8 year old sister was starting 3rd grade at the same elementary I did, Webster elementary. It's a great school and I am pretty close friends with one of the teachers; Miss Price. She's Carter's teacher this year, which I'm more than happy about.

Miss Price watches Carter after I drop her off on my way to school. My mom leaves at like 5:00 a.m. and comes home like 10:30 because she has three jobs, so I take care of my sister.

"Coming!" she told, I could hear the excitement in her voice.

She came out in a cute white shirt that has a design I made her. My friend, a long while ago, asked if I wanted him to draw something. At the time I had one thing stuck in my mind; my "septic eye" I had once. It was a simple design, a plain one color sharpie light green, then he used one kind of blue then for iris, then a black for the inside of the eye, but left a bubble white for effect. The next day he comes in and hands me a paper he did a digital art. I thought that it was cool and so did she.

My sister loves art, so I showed her the picture and she just started drawing it in her own ways. The only big thing different was it had a tail instead of the optic nerves on the back and that she put a little cap on the septic eye, It was the one Ma gave me.

That night I waited for Ma to get home so I could show her this cute thing that my 8 year old sister made. It wasn't a bad quality drawing either. So, I went online and put the photo on a white shirt and bought it.

Since I do almost everything in our house my mom gives me three dollars a week. I don't mind because the rest goes to food, bills, clothes, other things we need and, if we're lucky, things we want. So I bought that for Carter after awhile of saving up.

"I can't wait to talk to Chloe again!" She said while she was bouncing up and down. She had met Miss Price a few times, once at open house and a few other times when I had to talk to her.

"Call her Miss Price" I said looking at her in her blue eyes that were somehow (probably from the excitement) the brightest I had ever seen.

She has dirty blonde hair that's naturally wavy. She had blue jeans on that had a couple holes in them but some strings still attached. The little girl was an 8 year old hipster. But all of a sudden, she stopped and ran to her room.

"Oh my gosh. I am so sorry that I almost forgot you Sam." I could hear her say. She came in with septic eye Sam, a small ball that was almost like a stuffed animal but, it's made out of yarn. It was made by Chloe's friend. I believe her name was Rachel, but I don't remember. "And Chloe said that I can call her by her name cause she doesn't like me calling her Miss. Priceless" she said in her almost stern but still goofy way.

"Okay, okay, you win, but respect her and be a good kid, draw something for her, she'll love it." I said smiling down at her.

As soon as we left she asked for a piggyback ride and I couldn't help to say yes and let her on y back. I could feel her rest her head on my shoulder which made me smile, she was probably tired, shit I know I am. The elementary wasn't to far away so thankfully walking wasn't as tiring as it could have been.

"Okay, we're here, tell Chloe that I said hi." I told, once we arrived. I knelt down and let her put her feet on the ground. I took her over to the front doors not ready to send her off.