R.E.S.E.P.E.C.T

Summertime

July 18

"Momma I got in I got in!!!!" I yelled running into the house waving a envelope and a sheet of paper in the air.

My mom walked down the stairs slowly and with no life. Her face was puffy and her eyes were red. And her hair. Lorrrrd!!!

" Harlem why are you yelling?" She asked walking into the living room completely ignoring me.

I was a little dumb founded.

Then I walked over to her stood in front of the tv and held out the paper. "Look!"

"Harlem get out of the way damn it I'm not in the mood!" She swat at me.

Now she officially pissed me off.

"What the fuck?" I asked her still standing in her way.

"Excuse me? Who the Hell do you think your talking to Harlem?" My mom questioned me clearly surprised by my mouth.

"Why the Hell are you acting like this?"

"Harlem I'm tired, your sister and brothers have broken me down and let me not even mention your bitch ass father I just don't have time any more so can you please move so I can watch tv."

"The fuck? No I can't move all you ever do Is complain about shit. Your sister did that your dad did this your brothers did this! Does it really look like I give a fuck. CUZ I DON'T , I ACCOMPLISHED SOMETHING AND FOR ONCE IN YOUR DAMN LIFE I'D LIKE IF YOU COULD SHOW ME SOME TYPE OF RECOGNITION!!!!!" I said now full out yelling.

She looked at me then looked back at the tv with out saying anything to me.

I felt dumb at that point that I even wasted my breath on trying to tell her how I feel. Or opening up to her at all. Yea my mom has been through a lot between my sister my brothers and then now my dad who hadn't come home for a month and a half. Yes I get it , but that doesn't mean that I don't exist! If she thought that that's all she had to deal with she got another fucking thing coming.

I ran upstairs to my room and locked the door and started packing every dam thing I had in my room. It took bout an hour but I finally finished. I grabbed my phone and called up my home girl Za'nae .

Za'nae: wat up lil hoe!!!

Me: hey nae what you doing.

Za'nae : I'm at Dollarz house.

Me: oh ok ... Umm I got some good news but i'll wait to tell you after you pick me up.

Za'nae: pick you up? Bitch where you at?

Me: I'm at my house. I'm leaving. I can't deal no more.

Za'nae: aww lil Harlem leaving her house. It's about time . Yo momma just driving all her kids away . Damn

Me: *laughing* nah foreal though, but umm yea come pick me up.

Za'nae: ight I'm on my way.

I hung up the phone and went downstairs to get some lunch. A bitch was hungry.

My mom was on the couch still glued to the T.V. She paid me no mind as I did her.

Right when I finished making my noodles Nae pulled up. I ran upstairs got all my bags and we started to load the car. My mom didn't say anything until I went to get my noodles from the kitchen with my purse in my hands.

"Where you going?" She said dryly.

I ignored her, grabbed my envelope and paper and slammed the door. That felt so good. Yea I felt bad deep deep deep down inside but for the most part it felt good.