The New Comers

NATSU POV

I really was hungry, good thing Lucy's gonna get me some food when we get there!

"Hey, I think I see Riserd up ahead." I look over to see Lucy pointing toward something in the distance. Sure enough, there was Riserd, slowly rising on the horizon as we come closer.

"I'm getting closer and closer to get to eat!" I cried shaking Lucy's shoulders.

"O-o-o-o-k-k--a-a-a-y, y-y-o-o-o-u-u c-a-a-a-n s-t-o-o-o-p-p-p s-h-a-a-a-k-k-i-i-n-n-n-g m--m-e-e-e  n-o-o-w!" Lucy grabbed my hands and pulled them off her shoulders. She smiled shyly, and looked forward. "It's an interesting way they built this city. I mean look! it's so different from Fiore." She pointed to Riserd. She's right, it really is different: weird styles of buildings, short and wide spread. It looks more like a village than a city.

As we get closer to the "City" I see someone running towards us.

"Hey, Luce, who's that coming towards us?" I poked her shoulder and nodded toward the small figure that was growing bigger and bigger. She stared a moment.

"Probably the person who wrote the request." She concluded. Finally the request writer arrived in front of us. He bent over, out of breath.

"One second." He wheezed. He took one last gulp of air, and straitened himself. He was an older man, maybe mid 80's, and his face showed it. Long, and deep wrinkles covered his face. Lage dark bags loomed under his eyes. His cheeks hung low, covered in spots.

"I'm Sherman Hanson. I wrote the request." He had a serious-monotone voice that grumbled in the back of his throat.

"i'm Natsu Dragneel, and this is Lucy Heartfilia." I said gesturing to Lucy. "We came from the Fairy Tail guild to help you out."

"Good, I'm glad to hear it. Follow me." He turned around swiftly and started to walk towards Riserd. Lucy looked at me. All I could do was shrug, and follow after Sherman.

"We're almost there." Sherman said as he gestured to the city. He picked up his pace until he reached the entrance to the city. "Here we are." He motioned for us to enter, and we obeyed.

"There's almost no one here." I looked around, and spotted only 5 people walking around.

"No one wants to be taken by the Mysterious man, so most of them stay inside." He took a photo out of his pocket. "My wife was taken by him. That was when I wrote the request." He put the photo back into his pocket. "Sadly, no one in this city is a mage, so we haven't been able to do anything about this problem ourselves. So that's why we really need you two." He looked pleadingly at us.

"Well that's why were here, isn't it?" I chuckled. His face softened with relief.

"Good. Thank you."

"Do you think you could tell us some details about this request?" Lucy asked.

"Oh, of course. Let me take you to the library you to the library. I, myself, don't have much information to give, but I know they have more than I do." He motioned for us to follow him.

"But Luuuucy! You promised to get me some food!" I got down on my knees.

"get up! I'll buy you some food after we get the information we need." She pulled on my arm for me to get up.

"But that will take forever!" I pulled away. She looked over at Sherman, who was still walking to the Library.

"Hey wait, do you think you could just point us in the direction? We kinda need to get some food." Sherman turned back around, and thought a moment.

"That would be fine." He looked over his shoulder. "If you go up that street and make right, you follow that road for two blocks, you will arrive  the library. If you need me, I'm that hill." He pointed at a large behind us after he gave us directions to the library. "A good restaurant is right around that block." He walked off to the that large hill in which his house sits on.

LUCY POV

"Well then, I guess we should go and eat." I said, starting to walk in the direction Sherman told us to go in to get to the restaurant.

Hey minna! I'm so sorry for the late and short update! Had a lot of problems going on this week that was a higher priority than writing this :( and I needed to get that done. I will post more as soon as I can! NaLu on mutha hubbas!