Chapter 4

So as they get up just 5 minutes before the bell rings, Elijah decides to show Emily around the school. Where the library is and the gym hall is stuff like that.

"Damn there goes the bell. Come on let's get to class." Says Elijah looking at Emily.

"Okay yeah sure. Lead the way!" Replies Emily joking around.

"Haha come on then we don't want to be late." Replies Elijah laughing.

As they walk to their history lesson together, a big lad called Mark pushes Elijah into one of the lockers.

"Oh look at this! Eli has a girlfriend! We all thought you was gay! Haha!" Shouts Mark pinning Elijah up against the locker.

"she's not my girlfriend! She's new here and I'm showing her to the next lesson!" Shouts Elijah into Mark's face.

"Oii dip shit! Don't fucking talk to me like that! I could break your fucking face with one punch!"

"Hey! Let him down! He's done nothing wrong!" Shouts Emily at Mark.

"Oh look at this we got a feisty girl right here!" Says Mark laughing really loud.

"Come on Mark we got to go! We're on report remember! Leave him we'll come back for him another time." Says one of Mark's friends called Alex.

"Yeah you're right. Come on let's go. And as for you Eli we'll come back for ya! Don't think you got away with this one." Says Mark pushing Elijah really hard against the locker.

As they walk away Elijah gathers his bag. Emily helping him up asks "What the hell was all that about??" Looking concerned, she holds his shoulder. "It's nothing. It just happens.I'm used to it." Says Elijah lifting her hand off him. "As I said before. You don't want to be my friend." Saying that quietly and dropping her hand. "No one deserves to be treated like that Elijah. Like it or not I am going to be your friend." Putting her hand back on his shoulder. "Come on let's go to lesson."

As they finally get to lesson Mr Anderson has just started the lesson. They're only a few minutes late. Mr Anderson hates students coming to his lessons late.

"You're four minutes late Elijah! You know I hate students coming to my lessons late. Wait who's this with you??" Says Mr Anderson looking at him confused. "Wait you're the new girl? Emily right? Well come on in." Said Mr Anderson greeting her.

"You know what? Because I'm in a particularly good mood. I will sit you with Elijah. He can help you out can't you Elijah?"

"Uh...yeh I can do that." Replies Elijah struggling for words.

So they sit down at a table which is for two people. They get down to business and carry on with the lesson.