Prologue

As I get in my car I check my phone quickly to see if Megan had texted me. "I'm waiting already.. What do you want to drink?" it says.

I don't get it, she knows I'm always late so why still be on time? I text her back while starting the ignition. "On my way, usual please!!" I write.

When I drive away I almost run into a boy who randomly crosses the street. He looked somewhat familiar, tall, dark wavy hair and lots of tattoos. I honk at him and shout annoyed out the window "Look out, dickhead!" while I drive away. Luckily the streets are empty and within 10 minutes I park my car and see my best friend Megan sitting outside the lunchroom excitingly waving at me.

"Hey girl, took you a while" she smiles.

"I know, I'm sorry. But you know me, better late than ugly", I say when I sit down in the chair across from her. I take a sip from my tea and light up a cigarette.

"You look annoyed, what's up?". I look up to her, slightly guilty. "Sorry, I didn't mean to. I just almost ran over a boy and it's annoying that people don't look out where they are going."

She looks at me, burst out in laughter and shakes her head. "You literally get annoyed so easily!" she says.

"I know, I know, I'm just not having a good day I guess." I said, as I extinguish my cigarette in the ashtray and call for a waiter. "I'm starving, what do you want to eat?" I ask Megan while rubbing my belly.

"Don't know, was thinking about some pasta I guess".

I look at the menu when the waiter pops up right behind me and asked us what we wanted to eat. We ordered and when the waiter left I see Megan narrowing her eyes and looking at me. I look at her confused.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I don't know, you look tired. Are you sleeping well or is there something haunting you at night?"

I laugh, shake my head and say "I sleep well, but my brother is keeping me up all night with his mates coming in at 4 after going out. Again. Just like every night."

She smiles and just when she wanted to speak we hear someone shouting my name. "Edwards!"

I turn around and I see my nephew running up to us. "Hey Tomlinson! What on earth are you doing here?!"

He shrugs and says "Me and the lads wanted to get out of the city for a while. I've been calling you though! I wanted to meet up, but here you are!", he smiled.

"Really? I haven't received anything though" I said smiling. "By the way, Megan, this is Louis, my nephew. He's the one from London, remember?".

They shake hands, while saying a quick "nice to meet you". Louis looks serious straight away.

"What's up with that face?" I ask.

"Well, since I'm here with four lads and no one's kind of has a place to sleep and I don't know if it-" he starts rambling on when I stop him.

"Louis, chill. I know a good hostel in town, the owner is Megan's aunt." Louis grabs a chair and runs his hands through his hair.

"She's lovely, really, maybe I could get you some discount" Megan says surprisingly soft and Louis looks relieved at her.

"You're serious right? That would be amazing!" he says and hugs her.

"No problem", Megan says and she starts blushing. I haven't seen her like that before in the 10 years we're friends now? Louis looks relieved, smiles at her and grabs his phone to text the other lads.

"Where are the other lads actually?" I ask, while Megan and I are getting our food.

"Honestly, no clue. They could be anywhere in Brighton right now," he says, "But maybe we could meet tonight?" He looks quite insecure at us, I haven't seen him a lot like this is my past but it looked good on him, and from what I've seen from Megan's face I can tell she thought so too.

"Sure," I say taking a bite of my food, "I'd love to meet them!"

"Remember we have a party, Soph, we can't miss out on this one, it's the best one of the year!" Megan says. I almost forgot, Dan's summer party's are the best. He usually throws them somewhere in mid-summer, just like this year.

"We could just invite them? His party's are always for literally everyone." I say

"True" she says while she whips her mouth with her napkin.

Louis gets up and says, "So we'll see you there then, I got to go."

"Hey, I'll call you about the hostel okay?" I say, and he nods.

"Thank you!" he shouts, walking away.

"So, that's Louis", Megan says, looking at me, blushing.

I think I can see where this is heading to.