CHAPTER 1

I'm looking outside when I'm calling with Louis.

"So you like it?" I ask.

"Yeah, the hostel is amazing! The other lads are crazy about it too." He says.

"Great! Heard Megan got you a pretty good price?"

"She did, absolutely great. It fits perfectly in our budget, so we decided to stay like a week longer."

"Really! That's impressive for someone who can't stay too long at the same place. How come?"

"Well I think Brighton is a great place, I get to spend more time with you again which I looked forward too and the others like it as well so"

"So you didn't do this for Megan?" I smile, trying to get him to confess

"No, really"

"Not even a tiny bit?"

"Okay maybe a little bit"

"I knew it! So tell me all about it, what do you think of her?"

"Well, from what I've seen of here that little half an hour this afternoon she's nice" I can literally hear his sarcasm and imagine the look on his face.

I laugh and say "Alright then, we'll see what the night will bring us then".

"We'll see, Soph, we'll see." he laughs and we hang up.

Just as I'm about to get into the shower I get a text from Megan.

"Ready 2 party? No idea what I should wear, can I come over pls?"

"Sure, I've got no clue either"

I undress, look at myself in the mirror and get in the shower. I feel the warm water running over my body and for the first time since ages I actually feel my body relaxing. The past year has been so stressful for me. It was my last year of high school and according to literally everyone around me I was going to fail. But I graduated with grades no one could ever believe.

Also, my ex-boyfriend was a massive dickhead by cheating on me after 8 months. I was literally devastated. I still have some trust issues with boys.

I get ripped out of my thoughts when I hear someone knock on the bathroom door. "Oi, get your lazy arse out of that shower and come help me, will you" Megan shouts.

"Try to ask it again, but then actually be nice?" I shout back, with a smile on my face though.

I hear her sigh, saying "nope" and walking away.

"Coming", I shout, getting out of the shower and wrapping the towel around me. When I walk back to my room I bump into a friend of my brother. "Hey sexy", he smirks. I look disgusted at him, letting out an "ugh" and keep walking back to my room.

"There she is! The queen of lateland, where every citizen is lazy as fuck!" Megan says. I laugh, shaking my head.

"So, what are you going to wear?" I ask her, standing in front of her, in my underwear.

"Well, more than you are right now!" She answered. This is one of the things I like so much about her, sharp sense of humour.

"Alright, miss keen, go on.."

She opens her bag that is full of clothing. I'm surprised she didn't bring her whole closet with her.

"Alright, this is going to take a while" I say, sigh and start looking at my own closet.

-

After two hours we finally looked satisfied at ourselves and each other in the mirror. It was 7:45 and Louis and his mates were going to pick us up with a taxi at 8. "You look great, Soph, really! Haven't seen you so relaxed in a long time", Megan says while putting the last things in her small clutch. "Thank you", I say, actually blushing a bit. "So do you! But I really do feel great actually, I'm really glad Louis is in town. I missed him so much." Her face turned a little red when I said Louis' name. I raise one eyebrow, looking at her and waiting for her to speak up.

"What's up with that eyebrow?" She says, little nervous.

"What's up with those red cheeks after hearing my lovely nephews name?" I say, teasing her.

"Okay, okay, you win. I fancy him," she says, looking away, just to look at me straight away with a stern face. "But please, don't tell him anything about this? I'm still going to play hard to get, like I always do."

I laugh, hard. "Of course, Meg. We'll see what happens tonight."

Just when we take one last look in the mirror, Louis calls me.

"We're here!" He says. I told him we're coming down straight away and hung up.

"Ready?" Megan asks. "Ready to slay!" I answer.