Chapter 1

Chapter 1~ The Beginning

 Six Years Later

 The loud banging on my door made me cringe underneath my covers. Ugh, I hated mornings.

“Go Away!!”, I yelled at the disruptive culprit.

“No, it’s time for your ass to get the hell up, Draya. We have things to do today.” ,the person yelled from the other side of the door.

“Why?”, I whined. “Go away, you make me hurt”, I said once more slapping a pillow over my head in a failing attempt to block out sound.

“Fine. You’re flying out tomorrow and you’re not going to have anything to wear.”

I rolled out of bed to open the door knowing my best friend would be wearing her usual ‘half-past annoyed’ look.

“Okay, I’m coming but I really don’t see why I have to go shopping, and so early. I mean, its only -- 7:23.”, I complained, spying the digital clock on my night stand.

“Hon, trust me this is definitely going to take all day. Now get dressed.” She said ignoring my phobia centered excuses and pushed me towards the bathroom.

I hated shopping. Nothing ever fit correctly. And if by some miracle it did, it was too damn expensive.
Unfortunately for me, once Jada’s mind was made up the devil himself couldn't change it.  
Oh God! What the hell did I do to deserve this?

As I stepped out of the shower a thought hit me. 'I didn’t open the door for Jada this morning? What the hell?' I wrapped a towel around myself and went in search of my best friend, finding her in my kitchen brewing some decadent cappuccino.  

“Jada, how the hell did you get in here.” I eyed her suspiciously.

Jada turned on her toes to face me, her usually mischievous smirk lighting her face. I seriously don't know how we managed to stay friends so long.

“ I used the key.”

“The EMERGENCY key I gave you, you know, for EMERGENCIES?”, I asked, growing slightly irritated with my bestfriend.

“Yes. That one. “

“And what possible emergency made you use that key?” becoming more and more annoyed with her happy ass.

“You didn’t answer your door after I called you three times and knocked so damn loud some of your neighbors woke up.”

“Oh.” I didn’t realize I was so deeply asleep. And practically breaking into my loft meant she was worried.

“Yeah, yeah. Now hurry up and get dressed so we can go”, she said as she pushed me toward me bedroom, her smile getting wider.

I murmured an okay but my mind was on Jada. She had been there six years ago when I ran to her house after what happened. She was there when I mentally broke down a year later. She was the one who visited me in that friggin’ hospital. She always worried I was going to do something to hurt myself. And dammit if it weren’t for her I probably would have back then, but now. Now was different…

Now I wasn’t that scared, weak sixteen year old girl that weighed damn near two-hundred pounds. Now I could beat the shit out of men twice my size. Now that bastard who called himself me step -father no longer had a hold on me.  No, I was a different person now. I put bastards who like to prey on young girls in jail. I made sure that what happened to me wouldn’t happen to others. And that, that was my therapy.

I quickly gathered my irate thoughts realizing that I had been sitting on the end of my bed for the past five minutes reliving the past. I scooped up the outfit Jada had already laid out on my bed, hastily slipping on the black, pleated chiffon maxi dress and hint wedged sandals. Fixing my frizzing hair into a tasteful, yet messy bun that would complement its wild coils. I grabbed my bag and looked in the mirror once more, pleased with my appearance.

“Are you ready yet?”, Jada yelled from the kitchen.  I met her there and she looked me up and down.

“Damn, I’m good, but I can still do better. So, lets go.” She skipped ahead of me and I shook my head at her silliness as I followed her out of my apartment. 

“Well, here we go.” I murmured to myself, already knowing that today was going to be a very long day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holas!! 

Comment, vote, give me your opinion and tell me how you like it.  IM me and throw in some of your of your ideas for a chapter dedication. ThanXXX

Anywhoo... who thinks its time to move into the racy stuff

 xoxo,

Analiese