How We Were

"OUCH!" I exclaim aloud as the needle pokes me in the hand.

After I awoke and saw that Phil wasn't in my bed anymore, I checked the lounge and saw that it was back to its, now seemingly under decorated, self. I confirmed my thoughts of being back in 2012 when I looked in the mirror and saw that I wasn't the guy from the picture on the background of Phil's phone.

I ran to the closet and dug up the diy kit and got straight to work. I had to hurry before Phil got home.

"Done!" I hold the completed shoddy, homemade lion plushie in the air. It isn't pretty in the least but can still be distinguished as a lion and is the best I can do.

As I'm cleaning up the mess I made in the process of crafting, I hear the door to the flat open.

Suddenly, my nerves get bad. What if he doesn't like it? What if he's still mad? What if he gets mad? All these thoughts are dispelled from my mind as I remember the smile on 2015 Phil's face. I take a deep breath and walk into the lounge to greet Phil.

"Hey." I lean against the wall with my hands, and the lion, behind my back. I start to get anxious again. It's always a bit awkward talking after a fight.

"Hi." I know he can feel the uncomfortableness in the air too.

"So, how was your day?" I'm trying to break the ice.

"It was okay." He pauses and starts again more relaxed while removing his jacket. "I took a walk around town and stopped at Starbucks for a drink. What about you?"

"Welllll," a grin spreads across my face and I hold out the word.

"What?" He asks skeptical and suspicious.

"I've actually been working on a little diy project." I pull the stuffed animal from behind my back and present it to him. "For you." He studies it in my hand.

"Is that supposed to be a lion?" He asks with a light almost teasing tone to his voice.

"Yeah, do you like it?" Thoughts of my dream come to mind and I prepare myself for the worst.

"Dan, I don't just like it, I love it!"

He grabs the lion from my hands and squeezes it close to his chest. I can see his eyes start to get watery and cautiously, I go in to hug him. He doesn't reject it and let's me hold him in my arms.

"I can't believe you did this for me after I was so mean to you." He says through tears and I pull him a little closer.

"I don't care about what you did or said, Phil. I just want to go back to how we were before. Before The V-Day Video. Before all the arguments. I want that back. I'm sorry for everything I've done that hurt you. I want to take all of it back and get the old us back." My eyes begin to get teary too and Phil wraps his arms around my waist.

"I'm sorry too. I don't want to fight either. I don't care what the Phandom thinks anymore. I just want you. I want us to be like before too."

"Then let's try, Phil." I pull out of the hug slightly, and look down at him. He looks back up at me. "I promise I won't respond to negative comments anymore."

"I promise I won't go off over stupid, small things anymore. Or storm out the house. Let's try to talk things out instead of yelling all the time." I nod and he smiles. It's a genuine smile that I haven't seen on his face in a long time.

"I love you, Phil."

"I love you too, Dan."

I lean down and kiss him like I've wanted to for the longest time. He kisses me back, and for the first time in months, I know that everything is going to be just fine between Phil and I.