Arrangement or not I am out...

I sat down to another boring dinner with my mother. My father died when I was 7 and left his company to my mother. We own one of the largest medical franchises, Oakley Medical. It had been passed down through three generations; I will be the fourth when I graduate school in 3 years. I will be the youngest to graduate with my class being only 23 when I do. This means I am twenty now. At 5 ft. 7 I am 3 inches taller than my mother I have her platinum hair that never needs to be straightened and my dad’s chocolate brown eyes, almost black. I have an athletic build from 6 years of gymnastics in middle and high school. Going to a private school I graduated at 16 and am now into graduate school working on my master’s in business. 

Since I left home my mother and I have a monthly dinner that I can never get out of. Honestly I hate them. Sometimes she brings along a single son from a business partner in hopes of setting me up. Tonight was only slightly different. Instead of it being a business partner it was our greatest competition. The Lindsey Medical Co. was our largest competitor. The only heir to the name was Tyler Lindsey. He was 2 years older than me, 6ft 4 with dark brown hair that was purposely messy and grey eyes with a hint of green in them. All in all he was hot. I can’t believe she would invite him to dinner though.   

“Hello Mother. Mister Lindsey.” I said acknowledging them both. 

“Oh hello darling,” my mother answered. Tyler just nodded the dick. “Tyler this is my daughter China.”

This time he took his time to look me over from head to toe. I have to admit I looked stunning in my deep emerald dress with silver stilettoes that made my freshly pedicured toes stand out. 

“Hello China,” he finally said after he thoroughly looked at me. I blushed a little as he looked like he liked what he saw. 

“If I am not so bold as to ask what you are doing here this evening Mister Lindsey?” I asked without a second thought. 

“It is Tyler, I am not my father and I believe your mother will answer that,” was his confident answer. I wanted to smack that smirk off his face and maybe break a couple of bones. He already has gotten on my nerves that much in a 15 minute span. 

“Mother please explain,” I said as I put out my manicured hand to grab my champagne, having the feeling that I will need it. 

“Well….” She started out. I looked at her to continue. “You know your father and I have always wanted to combine the two largest companies and create one company. When you were born the Lindsey family already had a son who was 2 then and with you being the beautiful baby girl you were, we made plans for both of our families.” She stopped to let this sink in. I knew our families had been close at one time but that was cut short when my father passed away. We haven’t really spoken to them since. I end up just nodding for her to continue. ”In the end it was decided that you would marry Tyler by the age of 21 if you were unwed at the time to create a merger of the companies.”

I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU FOR READING THIS AND MAKE AS MANY COMMENTS AS YOU WANT. I DONT CARE IF THEY ARE NICE OR NOT ALL CRITISIM IN GOOD. HAVE A GOOD NIGHT AND THANKS :)