Author's Note (unfortunately)

A/N:

Dear readers,
I am so, so, so, so, so, so sorry that I've not updated in so long but it's been a hard few months - hard year really and I feel I owe you all an explanation. Back in November, my Nannan started feeling ill, and there was something wrong with her throat. Thinking it to just be acid reflux, she went to our local GP who referred her to the hospital. Then in January, she started losing a lot of weight - she went from being a size 18 to being a size 14 (UK). On February 24, we found out that she had oesophageal cancer. It was stage 4.
That day, my Uncle Harry (her brother) died of a blood clot.  There was nothing that they could do for Nan - they could only really offer chemo to give her a few months longer than the 2 - 6 that the doctors estimated she had. However, knowing that it would only prolong her suffering, she declined the offer, not wanting any of us to see her suffering. She was such a brave woman and I loved - love - her dearly, she was so strong and amazing and fought her cancer.
The hospital told her that she would struggle to eat, which had some psychological effect on her, and she barely ate more due to that than the actual pain. She was basically starving herself! In April she went into hospital for a while but she didn't want me nor her other grandkids, including my brother and sister to see her so weak. My dad made us go anyway without telling her. She came home a few days later (thankfully; I don't think any of us were quite ready for the tears goodbye that we all knew was coming. My Nan went back into hospital in May. On 22nd of May, I saw her for the last time but she wasn't herself because cancer had changed her. I told her how much I loved her and promised to make her proud, to live while she couldn't.

On Sunday 24th May at 13:05, Wendy Johnson took her last breaths and lost the fight, leaving behind a husband, Steve Johnson, five kids: Louise Thomas, Allen Holmes, Simon Holmes (my dad), Rebecca Bamford and Stephen Johnson, six grandkids: Zak Williamson, me, Jesse Holmes, (my brother) Crystal Holmes, (my sister) Madison Bamford and Caleb Bamford, and one great grandkid: Marley Williamson.

2015 is the year that my world came to a crashing halt.

However, with Saturday beings five months since her death, I'll be writing the next chapter of 'This is Love' and hopefully, there will be an update soon.
Once again, I am so sorry for abandoning you guys; it was never my intention but I've just lost too much and I'm  not the same person that I was way back when I started 'Can't be Moved.' And that's so weird. It's also weird my Nan not reading any of this because I'd always print off each chapter for her...but I guess she'll be reading over my shoulder whilst I write.

Onto happier news:

I started UK college this year at Thomas Rotherham College - there's a part of it nicknamed Hogwarts! How cool is that? I'm studying History, English Language and Law and I love it but it is so much work.
I turned 17 back in September. And finally the best news of all: my cousin, Gemma is having a baby girl in December and she wants me to be Godmother. She's calling her Annie Elizabeth Rose. And I'm so excited and so is she!

Sorry again and I love you all so much and I'm back. Maybe not the same as before but I'm here.

Summer xx