Previously

Previously:

"Dinner!" Ailish called from the dining room where her and her daughters were setting the table. We all filed in and sat at the table, me next to Dan.

"Wine?" Andrea offered me but I shook my head. She looked at me suspiciously but moved on anyway. Dan's sister came back a few times offering me different types of alcohol but each time, I politely declined.

"Is there something you two aren't telling us?" Ailish questioned grinning but giving Dan and I her 'mother glare'.

"No." My boyfriend and answered in unison.

"Really?" She asked and we both nodded looking at one another.

"Okay, fine. Lacey and I have an announcement." The black-haired Irishman stated frombhis chair. Just when I think he's going to tell them, he falls to one knee beside me and I gasp.

"Lacey O'Brian, I know tht I only met you as you are now a few.months ago and that this year has been so tough. I know.that you're heart isn't quite whole nor you. But I want to be the one to help you, to look after you and to be the only man to truly love you forever. I could see everyone grinning as Dan reached into his pocket and pull out a box, "So Lacey, will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?"