Chapter Twelve

Added Note: I am so sorry you guys. I had thought when I said I was going to update that I did. Unfortunately, looking at it later to check on it, it was still a draft... So, please forgive me. I have finally fixed it, I think. Let's hope so. Because all my stories did it. Pretty sure my publish button was like broken or something. 

Without further ado, my lovely readers, the chappie!

Chapter Twelve: Explosions of Arguments

Point of View: Oath

"Where have you been?!" That one is from Poseidon, ugh.

"Another war?" Hera sinks into her throne.

"How could Chaos be corrupted?" Demeter frets. 

"What about the demigods, how will we tell them?" Apollo is drained of his color. 

"What kind of enemies will there be?" Ares demands. 

"Why did you not come sooner?" Aphrodite inquires.

"I hope this is the last one. If not, at least for a long while." Hephaestus rumbles, I feel sorry for him, his kids always get the short end of the stick. 

"When will we need to be ready?" Athena more or less shouts at me.

"Has there not been enough of this fighting?" Dionsus sighs as he flips through his magazine.

"How can they be trusted?!" Zeus thunders.

"Are there any others we can turn to for help?" Hermes wonders. 

Artemis watches quietly and I know she wants to speak. I sigh as I try to listen to all of their concerns, rubbing my forehead with a massive headache.

"Would you all shut up?!" I yell overtopof them all and they reluctantly settle down. "I  meant ask your questions like civilized rulers, not like rabid beasts. Artemis is the only one mature enough to act her age. Is there anything you would like to say?" I turn to her.

Artemis nods, smiling some. "Thank you." She tells me and I nod. "I believe they speak the truth and it would be unwise to not consider their words. If all they wish for is peace, we can give them that after the war is done. We will just have to trust in what this man says is true. Humans have already polluted this world, allowing further corruption and evil to plague it is not acceptable. There are some humans that help, I admit, but most of the time, they do not fix what they break. It falls to our world to pick up their mess. This is no different, but we are preventing it this time. If we can save the world from further harm, then it is worth it. I sense the purity in these beings and I know my brother senses the truth in every word that has left their tongues."

"You trust them so easily?" Zeus seethes. 

Artemis turns red. "First you are quick to suspicion with strangers and now your own flesh and blood? Take a look at yourself, Zeus, I am done with the lovely daughter act." She snaps at him as she slides off of her throne, leaving Zeus stunned. She walks up to me and smiles a little. 

"It is nice to see someone from the other side is as tired of his actions as I." I smiles gently. "Where is your Hunt?"

"They are at Camp Half-Blood at the moment, but they hate it there, especially after what happened to you." Artemis replies. "I am glad you have found your place in the world."

"Indeed." I agree. "It is nice to feel like I belong and it has saved me after all these long years."

"What good would our children do against the Creator?" Athena ponders aloud.