Broken But Not Gone

*A few hours after Fetzer's huge accident*

"Do you see how beautiful those stars look, Bert?" a sweet, soft, female voice whispers to me.

I open my eyes and see a dark purple sky with thousands of little sparkling white stars. I'm laying with my back against on something hard and metallic. A sweet aroma of light perfume is around me and someone is laying by my side. My left arm is under their head, while my right hand is holding one of their hands.

"Did you hear me?" they say again, complete happiness is in her voice.

"Yes they are" I reply, but that voice is awfully familiar. It's like listening to the voice of a dead best friend. I look around my body and to what is around us; we are surrounded by freshly harvested corn fields and we are on the top of the hood of my Trans Am, (before it was modified).

Suddenly everything start to slide into place, and I get a warm fuzzy feeling in my chest. My hopes are getting high. I look to left and see that same beautiful girl that I lost five years ago. The same soft, chocolate brown eyes, the same small, lush beautiful lips, the same beautiful long brunette hair. Thalia.

I close my eyes tightly and open them again. She's still there. Oh my god.

"Thalia?" I ask in disbelief.

With a small giggle, she replies, "Yes?"

"Is it really you?" I ask bewildered.

"Who do you think I am? Of course its me" she replies slightly confused. We both slightly sit up, hoisting ourselves with our arms on the hood of my car.

"Holy crap. It is you!" I exclaim and basically jump in her lap. I hold her body against mine and take in her sweet scent.

"Bert, are you okay?" she asks, slowly putting her free arm against my back.

"I have never been better! I have missed you so much!" I exclaim, about to start crying.

"What are you talking about? We have been together for the past four years" she questions, getting worried.

"Wait. You don't... I'm not... Fuck..." I mutter and pull away from her.

"Bert, what is going on?" she asks looking into my eyes, but I push my lips against hers and hold a long tender kiss as tears start to stream out of my eyes.

When we pull apart, I reply with only two words. "I'm dreaming".

The whole scene fades out to black.

**********

The harsh odor of burning fuel and paint fills my nose. I open my eyes to see my pride and joy burn into a heap of junk, fifty feet away. I try to move against the boulder, but nothing would move. All I can feel is pain, pain and more pain through out my whole body.

"Shit" I mutter and close my eyes. All i want to do is die. Die, die, die, die, DIE. All I know is pain and hurt. Thalia's dead, my car is gone and I am almost dead. Just die why don't I?

"DIE!" I scream into the smoky sky. Pain takes my breaths place and I just want to die.

"Don't give up"

"Oh, fuck it! I'm done with all of this shit! My soul is gone, just take me with it" I say back to the voice.

"I might be gone, and so is the car. But you still have JC, Ace and Pony back there who need you" the voice says.

"They think I'm dead anyways. What does it matter?"

"When I died in that crash, the last thing I thought to myself before that Neon slammed into me was that I want the best for you. I don't want you to give up because of me. I want you to keep living for me" the voice replies and I'm lifted off the ground. I keep my eyes closed until I'm placed on the ground again.

When I open them, I see Thalia kneeling by my side. I try to reach out to her but, the pain is unbearable. She just takes my hand and smiles pleasantly down at me. I'm on the side of a road, but nowhere near the crash site. It looks as if I'm on the outskirts of a city.

"I believe in you" she whispers and kisses my lips, "My knight in shining armor".

"My beautiful princess" I whisper and she blows away in the gentle breeze. My sight slowly fades out to black.